3DCoat Forums

Gbball's sketchbook

gbball

• Advanced Member

More progress...

Adding in the details now...definitely have to brush up on my anatomy. Especially for the forearms.

Any ways here it is...about 13 million polys all on the same layer. Right now I'm working only in surface mode for the detailing.

128584903548.jpg

C & C welcome

-G

• Advanced Member

Change of direction...

128593990305.jpg

I revisited an older sculpt and used some of what I learned doing the muscle guy. I'll get back to the muscle guy, but I think I got a bit excited at the fact that I could add in details and I didn't build the forms properly.

With this guy, based on a concept I did some time ago. I'll try to build it up stage by stage and not jump into the details.

It also helps to have a design to work to.

-G

• Advanced Member

Just a note...what I've been doing here is for the intent to rig and animate later on...that's why they are all standing up.

Peace,

Gavin

More progress...

Adding in the details now...definitely have to brush up on my anatomy. Especially for the forearms.

Any ways here it is...about 13 million polys all on the same layer. Right now I'm working only in surface mode for the detailing.

128584903548.jpg

C & C welcome

-G

Really cool concept you got there. I think the art style; the combination of cartoon (for lack of better word) and high level of detail isn't something you see very often. In my opinion you should definitely go further with that one.

• Advanced Member

Thanks a lot Bisse,

yeah, it's all voxels...done 100 percent in 3d coat. I'm jumping back and forth between voxel mode and surface mode. The freeze (mask) tool in surface mode is great.

Truthfully, I'm a bit surprised too at the level of detail I've been able to achieve. I think with some more brush options in surface mode it would be possible to do even more.

I plan to take this guy all the way through to him being ready for animation. We'll see how it goes!

• Advanced Member

Hey everyone,

here is my latest 3D-Coat sculpt, it is supposed to be an alien...but my wife said it looks like an ape monster, so that's what it is I guess! I feel like I am getting a bit better at this. Still trying to achieve higher detail and better defined forms. I'll keep at it.

C & C welcome.

post-3280-12868876631951_thumb.jpgpost-3280-12868876701185_thumb.jpgpost-3280-12868876837135_thumb.jpgpost-3280-12868876931069_thumb.jpgpost-3280-12868877068053_thumb.jpgpost-3280-12868877207573_thumb.jpgpost-3280-12868876544765_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

New sculpt...practice on the face...from memory...

It turned out kind of like a guy with a mask. Maybe a superhero?

I'd like to try another one using reference...

I think I'm getting a bit more comfortable getting smooth surfaces. Gotta keep working on it though.

Cheers,

Gavin

129753218120.jpg

129753214704.jpg

129753195066.jpg

• Advanced Member

Thanks a lot guys.

michalis, I've been meaning to do something like that...I tend not to work from reference if I can help it. That's not always a good thing, since I'm not really bringing in any new information. Just relying on what I already know.

I'll keep working with it...I'm figuring out some work flows that make sense.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Some new stuff using the new brushes from surface mode...

Having lots of fun. Also bought a Bernini book...he is a great sculptor...Very inspirational.

130264548319.jpg

• Advanced Member

Wow looks great any plans to animate the digger creature?:)

Yeah, I originally came up with the idea as a creature in a game...so I might keep carrying it forward. I'd have to make some adjustments to the back leg pose for rigging though. Any suggestions?

-G