3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member

@AndrewShpagin

"Muscle tool done. This tool will allow to create muscles easily and grow model just from skeleton. Shape of muscle will depend on pressure."

Wow, this took me by suprise! Creating muscles as a sub-object of a base skeleton sounds great.

What would be the best way of making a skeleton? running a vertibrae object along a curve?

I hope someone will make a "Muscle" texture shader - although I guess that would be hard without an idea of end points for creating UVs?? I guess you could make a generic "meat" looking effect though?

Can't wait to try this! (and also to see a video of someone using it well :lol: )

• Advanced Member
@AndrewShpagin

"Muscle tool done. This tool will allow to create muscles easily and grow model just from skeleton. Shape of muscle will depend on pressure."

Wow, this took me by suprise! Creating muscles as a sub-object of a base skeleton sounds great.

What would be the best way of making a skeleton? running a vertibrae object along a curve?

I hope someone will make a "Muscle" texture shader - although I guess that would be hard without an idea of end points for creating UVs?? I guess you could make a generic "meat" looking effect though?

Can't wait to try this! (and also to see a video of someone using it well :lol: )

Mmmh, what kind of skeleton? Curves? I'm curious too...

• Advanced Member

You've got me thinking - Would it be good if there was a special type of smart 'skeleton' object you could create from a hierarchy of geometry and/or curves? Something you could pose at any time and when sculpting would provide a solid base for sub-objects.

Posing the skeleton bones at a later date might possibly even work with a simple distance based weighting, but even without this I think it would be import to be able to move it around and add to it later on.

So, basically something like the curves tool, but "persistent", ie. the ability to revisit and add / transform it later on.

• Advanced Member
You've got me thinking - Would it be good if there was a special type of smart 'skeleton' object you could create from a hierarchy of geometry and/or curves? Something you could pose at any time and when sculpting would provide a solid base for sub-objects.

Posing the skeleton bones at a later date might possibly even work with a simple distance based weighting, but even without this I think it would be import to be able to move it around and add to it later on.

So, basically something like the curves tool, but "persistent", ie. the ability to revisit and add / transform it later on.

Right...this was requested sometimes before in the forum...Can't imagine how it will work exactly...beause painting voxel strokes depending on pressure upon existing voxel structure is actually possible...as I said...I'm curious...next release will bring it to us...

@AndrewShpagin

I would be very carefully with this information. Currently I can't imagine muscles and skeletons in a animation or moving context. I think Andrew just means to paint on a model that "looks like a bone skeleton" of a figure, and not more. No moving. No creating kinematic bones.

Best wishes

Chris

• Advanced Member
I would be very carefully with this information. Currently I can't imagine muscles and skeletons in a animation or moving context. I think Andrew just means to paint on a model that "looks like a bone skeleton" of a figure, and not more. No moving. No creating kinematic bones.

Best wishes

Chris

I didn't expect that really...but the new tools are great without moving! I think implementation of kinda Inverse Kinematic driven Bone-System to deform existing geometry would require rewriting of 3DC's core...??? But for me it's imaginable to implement a bone system to generate base geometry... an improvement of curve tool could do the job. I will post a feature request... :yahoo:

• Advanced Member

Best wishes

Chris

Yeah, I was just throwing out posing as a wild idea for future development. The Z-Spheres 2 video has posing and I just tried to imagine something similar but better for 3DC. What we ended up with is a tool that allows for very quick blocking of organic tissue and I'm very happy with it!

• 1 month later...

sounds like a response to z spheres 2

Believe it or not, I recall talking to Andrew about a lot of the tools you are now seeing (new curves implementation and muscles tool) well before they mentioned anything about spheres II or released their feature videos for said tools. :)

He's a man with many ideas, and can only implement them at Super-Super Human speed (because he's not just super human, he's super-super human!), so we wont see all of the ideas come to fruition immediately in builds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Believe it or not, I recall talking to Andrew about a lot of the tools you are now seeing (new curves implementation and muscles tool) well before they mentioned anything about spheres II or released their feature videos for said tools. :)

He's a man with many ideas, and can only implement them at Super-Super Human speed (because he's not just super human, he's super-super human!), so we wont see all of the ideas come to fruition immediately in builds.

I agree on that on one 100%... The man's a technical genius with a creative mind and an eye for DCC... And very patient and sincere to boot. Andrew, we love you and 3DC (I personally adore using it except for the times when I encounter hair shedding bugs :pardon: But, he takes care of bugs ever so quickly and effectively) :good::king:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...