3DCoat Forums

A Bugs Life?

Pimpmymonkey

• Applink Developer

This is a very good start. The head shape is nice. And you have added a lot detail. I can see that this is over 10mil sculpt. Maybe you can try to shape legs and torso a little bit better. Now they are very basic shape. And try to keep triangles count as minimal as possible. If you press "increase button" too often then it is very hard to make big changes later. I personally wouldn't sculpt small details at all. I would leave everything to DP. But like I said it's very good start and I hope you will continue with this model.

• Advanced Member
This is a very good start. The head shape is nice. And you have added a lot detail. I can see that this is over 10mil sculpt. Maybe you can try to shape legs and torso a little bit better. Now they are very basic shape. And try to keep triangles count as minimal as possible. If you press "increase button" too often then it is very hard to make big changes later. I personally wouldn't sculpt small details at all. I would leave everything to DP. But like I said it's very good start and I hope you will continue with this model.

Hi haikalle,

Thank you for your interest and taking the time to comment. Thanks for the kind words about the shape of the head and the very constructive criticism.

This started out as a doddle while I was talking to my brother on the phone. We were talking about Andrew quashing bugs and the next thing you know

I had a sculpture of a bug and a boot. Go figure.:rolleyes: I posted as much to show him what I had done as anything. I've never done many WIP's, maybe this will force me to finish it, instead of letting it languish away on my hard drive.

Anyway I used the sphere tool and the 2D-Paint tool almost exclusively to rough it in. Mostly because I had never really worked with them before.

But surprise, surprise, I like them a lot. I spent a little time on the legs and torso. So here is an update.

P. Monk

post-589-1238642047_thumb.png post-589-1238642130_thumb.png

Hi Pimpmymonkey!

Good start with the head :),

but i think he need some little improvements to his overall shape.

Maybe you could make the cheek-bone more soft equal to his chubby cheeks.

Also the Line area where the eyebrow meets the upper eyelid should be deeper.

The Area around the chin and lower lip, maybe needs also more volume it's looks a little flat.

Hope my Critique was not to harsh.

I've got allowed me to tweak your Picture a bit to show you what i mean, i will remove it immediatley if u do not want that.

Markus

post-1448-1238953156_thumb.jpg