3DCoat Forums

Opacity/Transparency Control

John Kearney

Nesting objects inside one another with any kind of precision is pretty difficult right now - especially if you're not using base geometry created in another package. I would love to be able to change the opacity of an object to make it easier to accurately place objects in relation to one another. For example, creating organs or a bone structure inside an animal, or perhaps just assessing the intersection of two objects more clearly before performing a boolean operation.

I believe this would be an awesome addition to 3D Coat, and generally help speed up numerous processes.

Cheers,

John

Hi guys,

Thank you for your help! I wasn't aware of the opacity control within the shader so that goes some way to providing the functionality I am looking for.

I just made a head model semi-transparent and tried to sculpt on various objects within the head. It seems 3D Coat doesn't like the fact I'm trying to sculpt on nested objects (even though the head mesh isn't the active layer). Do you guys know if there's a way around this problem?

If not, it'd be great if one could somehow lock an object layer or disable it (whilst keeping it visible).

Cheers!