3DCoat Forums

arumiat's notebook

arumiat

• Advanced Member

Hi 3DCoaters! I thought I'd start posting my work in progresses. I've ended up sticking with Cycles for rendering for now, I'd like to have a proper play with Guerilla render and Thea too but I haven't the time currently. I'm yet to paint on the tendinous areas in white. Lighting and scene deliberately kept simple. The first here is the hindlimb musculature of the dog.

post-38412-0-21136300-1424692993_thumb.p

EDIT: And here's a trial with painting on some of the white tendinous areas. I should have used a slightly off white colour when painting, very very bright at the moment, & I thought I had more of a graded effect than the block white that's currently showing.
post-38412-0-37401200-1424696996_thumb.p

Edited by arumiat
  • Like 2

• Advanced Member

And the front leg.

post-38412-0-18468100-1425165633_thumb.p

Box modelled in Blender, sculpted and painted in 3Dcoat, and rendered in Cycles with 1000 samples. No SSS (it didn't seem to be making a difference!)

I also started playing with Luxrender, and liked playing around, but then it kept crashing the scene, I will try with a simpler scene next time.

Critique welcomed

Edited by arumiat
  • Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Getting better in the renders and great workmanship.  My only question is how to want the muscles to appear, real looking or plastic style. At the moment they look more like a plastic model. They are similar to the eye models you see at the eye doctor to help you understand the structure of your eyes.

Edited by digman

• Advanced Member

That's it digman. Whilst I think photorealistic would be very difficult to achieve, I would absolutely like a more 'real looking' style. Here's another version rendered with SSS which absolutely helps, but I think it still has a ways to go..

post-38412-0-99634400-1425245753_thumb.p

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Inspired by Glauco Longhis very enjoyable livestream on sculpting, and given I haven't used 3DC at all for anything personal / fun I decided to try and mimic his tools within 3DC. Learnt a lot about the sculpt workflow, namely that sculpt mode seems better at handling low poly meshes in terms of brush responsiveness which surprised me, and how much fun it is to sculpt out rough forms with the mud tool. 

I'll hopefully get to spend 30 mins or so with this project every week.

post-38412-0-96599700-1440365918_thumb.p

Edited by arumiat
  • Like 1