3DCoat Forums

Is there anyway to constrain when click dragging in constructor mode?

cj31387

It always goes wonky when I click and drag. Is there a way to click and drag and like hold a button so it stays on that axis and continues going along straight the direction you started going? Something like holding shift when drawing in Photoshop?

Also when i click and drag over a surface i already laid down. It usually doesn't keep putting blocks on top but instead in weird places like below.

Edited by cj31387

• Reputable Contributor

The Constructor Tool is a very simple tool, not an advanced one... Personally I would not use it for level creation. Sundry items, yes...  I do not know what type of level you are constructing, so I only give what I would do for level creation.

Lots of tools that would be better at level modular level creation and methods for retopoing said modular assets...

I would explore the many tools in the left tool bar, primitives, top tool bar... etc... 

3DC is a very deep program much to explore... 

Below video on navigating 3DC's Youtube Channel.

Edited by digman

Hi !

There is no way atm to constraint axis using constructor.

Could be to work in top view a workaround ?

Is your level creation workflow oriented to cell modeling ?

What is cell modeling?

Id just like the easiest workflow to block out levels fast . Minecraft style workflows are very fast. BSP is somewhat good but they are all restricted to specific game engines.

I've been playing star made a lot and have built complex space stations faster than i could in 3ds max...

I hope you guys improve the constructor tool to have more advanced options like this.