3DCoat Forums

Brush Pressure- Default Curve Flat?

Greentonic

Hi all, new and trying to get pen pressure settings working:

"Droplett Pressure" mode seems to work perfect by just clicking...but having a problem getting "Radius & Depth Pressure" to work. When I go under 'Edit Curves' of the brush pressure icon, the Default Curve is a flat line at the top...

I seem to be able to edit, save, and load a pressure curve with a correct slope. However when I leave the tool, to use another like eraser, and go back, it's reset the pressure curve to the default flat (no pressure response). Pretty annoying!

Am I doing something wrong or is this how pressure works normally in 3d Coat?

(I'm in version 4.5)

• Reputable Contributor

It appears you are in the Paint room as you mentioned the eraser tool.

Version: 3DC beta 4.5.23 64 bit non_cuda----Windows 7 64 bit... 

On my end I can change the curve setting, select another tool then return to the tool/brush and the curve setting has not returned to default. I will watch it though, as I work in 3DC over the next week...

My default is different, it is a 45 degree straight line and not a flat line at the top.

Now if I close 3DC and reopen the curve is set back to default... I will mention this later on the beta thread...

It could be a bug you have discovered as a result of some actions you did but there is no way for me to know of course.

I have a possible solution for now: Also the below is a great way of having your brushes created just the way you like them... I use my own created preset brushes and tools all the time.

Under the Windows menu, select Popups/ Presets---- Artman's presets will load but they will be for surface mode sculpting... You can add your own Paint room brushes. Study the Preset panel to know all the settings, changes you can make... etc, etc...

How to do it:

Adjust your curve in the Editor

In the presets panel, right click and select "Add Preset" It will create a new main heading called "Paint" and put your brush there.

Your current brush settings will be stored including the changes you did in the curve editor.

You can rename the brush as well.

Now whenever you select that brush in the Preset panel, all your settings for that brush are applied including the one from the curve editor.

post-518-0-32411800-1448643615_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman

Hey Digman

Thanks for the preset editor tip, I tried it but the same error happened where the default pressure curve would return to a flat 0 degree slope.

I ended up reinstalling and now the default radius pressure curve is back to the 45 degrees it should be. Maybe it was a bug like you said or a bad install, either way seems like everything is back to normal! Thanks for the reply.

Cheers