3DCoat Forums

[SCRIPT] ajz_copyToRetopoRoom

ajz3d

• Contributor

ajz_copyToRetopoRoom

WHAT IT DOES?: The script will copy an object from Paint Room to Retopo Room.

HOW DO I USE IT?: If you have an object in the Paint Room that you want to import to Retopo Room, select Scripts->Copy Object to Retopo Room. This will automatically switch rooms to Paint Room and open export options dialog where you can choose which mesh resolution you want to export. After clicking OK, you'll be taken to Retopo Room with the object already loaded up. Accept the import by pressing "Enter" key or hit "Esc" to cancel.

There are some customisable options that you can edit. See the ajz_copyToRetopoRoom.txt file for more info. I don't recommend changing them, unless it is necessary.

INSTALLATION:
1. Unpack both files to %USERPROFILE%/Documents/Scripts/ExtraMenuItems/.
2. Start 3D Coat.
3. You will find the script in Scripts→Copy Object to Retopo Room.

KNOWN PROBLEMS: The script was tested under Windows operating system only. Linux and Mac users should probably change path delimiter character inside TEMP_PATH string (See the ajz_copyToSculptRoom.txt file for more info)

DOWNLOAD: ajz_copyToRetopoRoom.zip
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Just found out from Andrew that one can bring the paint room mesh right into the retopo room, in one click. That is from the Retopo Menu > Use Current Low-Poly Mesh. I would have never guessed that in a thousand years. He agreed that it needed to be re-named, so it's more intuitive for all users.

• Contributor

Just found out from Andrew that one can bring the paint room mesh right into the retopo room, in one click. That is from the Retopo Menu > Use Current Low-Poly Mesh. I would have never guessed that in a thousand years. He agreed that it needed to be re-named, so it's more intuitive for all users.

Yeah, I too never noticed this option. Nice find. :) I guess this makes the script redundant. That's good, because I can't pinpoint the cause of the problem that was mentioned here.

• Reputable Contributor

Yeah, I too never noticed this option. Nice find. :) I guess this makes the script redundant. That's good, because I can't pinpoint the cause of the problem that was mentioned here.

Yeah, I was asking Andrew for help diagnosing the script, when he mentioned that option already existed.