3DCoat Forums

Does Anyone Have Any Custom Voxel Shaders?

kay_Eva

• Advanced Member

I've never been able to make any usable ones. The ones that I do make are way too shiny and the cavity effect is bad. It doesn't matter what texture I use.

I included a pic so u can see what I mean. I'm probably doing something wrong.

post-1190-0-71305800-1334561793_thumb.pn

• Advanced Member

Thanks for that JC...I downloaded it to have a look, but I havent a clue where all those files should go?

I have been having a go at my own shaders but have only managed to apply MetCap style shaders...that is, rendering a sphere Ive made in Carrara and applying it as a texture.This works quite well for eyeballs! although your creatures are always looking right at you!! They make good place holders as I replace them later in Carrara.

If you have Sculptris you can also use the MetCap shaders from there.

• Reputable Contributor

Here are two shaders that have sculptural lighting helping you see form as you sculpt. They seem to work pretty well for that purpose... Your feedback would be helpful though.

Named:

SculptGray and SculptClay

One is gray and the other is a red clay color.

My light settings are 10% ambient and 65 primary light.

I'm not sure why they are 4.5 meg apiece but they are so I uploaded them to Mediafire.

Link for download at Mediafire.

http://www.mediafire...padaad6cq8j412o

The picture shows the effect. The main shadow is under the extrusion but with some negative lighting on the top side of the extrusion making the extrusion pop out... The bottom shadow on the sphere and extrusion is from the shader not the position of the light source in 3DCoat.

post-518-0-98766000-1334592350_thumb.jpg