3DCoat Forums

unwanted gray lines

Burnart

Probably a newbie problem but I'm finding I'm getting grey lines where the edges of the different segments of the uv map meet each other on the 3d model in my rendering program. See pic - when looking at it in a realtime dx environment (ie trueSpace 7.6 workspace) its even worse. My first experiments in 3d-coat didn't seem to have this problem. Is there some setting I have not adjusted correctly?

post-923-1227648533_thumb.jpg

Probably a newbie problem but I'm finding I'm getting grey lines where the edges of the different segments of the uv map meet each other on the 3d model in my rendering program. See pic - when looking at it in a realtime dx environment (ie trueSpace 7.6 workspace) its even worse. My first experiments in 3d-coat didn't seem to have this problem. Is there some setting I have not adjusted correctly?

It looks like you have exported texture without padding. Please go to options and check if padding options are correct (Padding is set to non-zero value - set 64 there, and padding is not turned off).

It looks like you have exported texture without padding. Please go to options and check if padding options are correct (Padding is set to non-zero value - set 64 there, and padding is not turned off).

Thank you Andrew that sounds like it is the solution. Shall let you know if I still have a problem.