3DCoat Forums

ZBrush R6 AppLink -32 bit version only-

Denis S

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone!

Is there any news?

I have the same problem - I can take my model from Zbrush to 3dcoat but it doesn't come back after editing.

When this  app link sends a model to 3d-coat, it creates a file 3dcoat_link_log in Pixologoc/Zbrush4R7. And the file contains the following:

zbctReset(0)
   PATH_EXCH: C:\Users\Ksu\Documents\3D-CoatV3\Exchange\
   PATH_ZB: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZExportImport\
STATUS = CLEAR
zbctExchBegin([vox])
   Checking zbursh obj: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZExportImport\3dcoatmesh0.obj ...    Ok.
   created C:\Users\Ksu\Documents\3D-CoatV3\Exchange\import.txt...
STATUS = WAITING_COAT
DLL_PROCESS_DETACH 
DLL_PROCESS_DETACH 
DLL_PROCESS_DETACH
DLL_PROCESS_DETACH

And I suppose that the problem lies in this file, precisely in this WAITING_COAT status. Has anyone any ideas how to fix it?

It's almost guaranteed to be a pathing issue of some sort (3D-Coat is trying to send the file to the wrong place).

If someone can get the original author or Andrew (assuming he has the source) to release the source code, then I'm sure someone can fix it. But atm, without the source, the only way to do anything about it is to write a new applink from scratch.

Edited by PolyHertz
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm using ZBrush 4R8 P1 64-bit

Has any progress been made in updating the AppLink Plugin to 3D-Coat?

I've experimented with installing in a variety of folders in the "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" folders. But it very much seems like a pathing issue with the internal scripts.

When attempting to run the plugin from within ZBrush I'm presented with the following error in the attached screengrab.

Screenshot - 03_08_2017 , 16_32_51.png

• Like 2

• Reputable Contributor
13 hours ago, b33nine said:

Would pay for a gumroad that had this up to date...

Please send Andrew an e-mail requesting this. He may be having trouble getting the person who made the applink, to follow up. A reminder e-mail, may get him to try again or find someone else to step up.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to ZBrush R6 AppLink -32 bit version only-
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor
On 1/11/2018 at 5:13 AM, houGenie said:

Are there some news? Would like to have the Applink. 

I was talking with Digman yesterday about the Applinks, and IMO, I think they should be handled and monetized by the individual applink developers. Pixologic doesn't write/update GoZ for every 3D app. It's largely the responsibility of the 3D apps themselves to update their implementation of GoZ. I'm sure Pixologic will try to assist them in some measure, but the initiative to update GoZ is up to the various 3D app vendors.

So, this is my vote for guys like PolyHertz and others, to make it worth their while, to update the applinks they can, by charging users for the Applink plugin/addon. I think a reasonable amount would be $20-$30 or so?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is shamelessly reviving a post that perhaps has been dead for a couple of years... I would gladly pay 20 dollars if the developer updated applink for 3d coat and zbrush.

I am hoping he does. the two programs together side by side are a powerhouse.

I am raising my hand.. and giving a soft beg for this applink to be revived.

On 1/4/2021 at 1:39 AM, jikito said:

I know this is shamelessly reviving a post that perhaps has been dead for a couple of years... I would gladly pay 20 dollars if the developer updated applink for 3d coat and zbrush.

I am hoping he does. the two programs together side by side are a powerhouse.

I am raising my hand.. and giving a soft beg for this applink to be revived.

Definitely +1 to that. 

The best way to push Pro Studios to insert a 3D app in their workflow is to ensure a strong an reliable link between apps.

Those "Applink" are totally invisible on the Download page. And when finally one discovers them, it's to see that the dev's been abandonned for years. 

That's a shame. And a very, very bad marketing decision. No wonder why I (sadly) never see 3D-Coat used in pro studios (I work in the video game industry and cartoon animation movies for TV). 

This has to change. 

Hi,

Not yet, I'm afraid. All the effort right now is going to get the 2021 release ready. But the plan is to revive and get the AppLinks up-to-date asap. 
Hopefully we could get progress by the time of the release or shortly after.

Sincerely,

Oleg
3DCoat Team
https://3dcoat.com/
https://www.youtube.com/PILGWAY3DCoat
https://twitter.com/3DCoatOfficial
https://www.facebook.com/3DCoat/

• 1 month later...

You would make one happy old woman if you do revive the applinks.

I have been checking the page weekly for 2021 release and been sitting on funds set aside for it... as well as convincing friends to buy.

I am rooting for the team and cant wait to see the new release.