3DCoat Forums

Clarisse 2.0 is out

• Advanced Member

http://www.isotropix.com/index.php?to=products&productid=1&view=2.0tour

Combining features of conventional renderers, compositors and animation tools, Clarisse iFX is designed to enable artists to develop heavy production scenes while interacting continually with the final image.

http://www.isotropix.com/index.php?to=products&productid=1&view=2.0tour

Pricing scales with studio size, starting from $999 per licence for freelance artists.

And it written with code that will run really fast with huge files even on an ordinary gaming laptop. I met the guy who created it at Siggraph last year and got a personal demo. For $999 a combined renderer and compositor plus animation physics tools is a pretty good deal.

• Advanced Member

this is great news, ive been following its development, i think soon is my time to jump on this piece of software.

only problem is i cant see any render farms that support it :(

Edited by Aleksey

Some considerations about Clarisse support, nice read

I purchased the academic version when it first came out and the licensing server would never work. I was completely unable to use the software. Spent days trying to work it out and several calls to tech support. No luck. Keep this in mind before you buy.

• Advanced Member

"Its fast and handles complexity that most apps can barely think of.  It supports vertex colors and can easily handle zbrush models so if not for shotgun integration id say it was the best option for zbrush rendering."

LucentDreams

So it would also handle 3d Coat surface mode objects with millions of polygons easily too, and thus would obviate the need for retopologizing.

Edited by L'Ancien Regime