3DCoat Forums

Venus faun and a fish

michalis

• Advanced Member

ha ha , thanks. Its an inspiration, coming from caryatids and kouros statues LOL. But the real boy was really fat and funny.

The arms and back now, I'll start dividing to parts. Its a single mesh now. I can't sculpt in separate layers when the concept is my concern.

Waiting for a mac 64 bit support, a wish. Now I practically have a limit of 3-4 M. I can go for 8M but with this performance I prefer to to transfer the whole project to zb. Its a pity because I find 3DC more 'natural' as behavior.

• Contributor

The arms and back now, I'll start dividing to parts. Its a single mesh now. I can't sculpt in separate layers when the concept is my concern.

Waiting for a mac 64 bit support, a wish. Now I practically have a limit of 3-4 M. I can go for 8M but with this performance I prefer to to transfer the whole project to zb. Its a pity because I find 3DC more 'natural' as behavior.

If you have no intention to animate, is there any need to divide the mesh? :huh:

• Advanced Member
If you have no intention to animate, is there any need to divide the mesh?

Not really, to set up a pose is similar to animation though.

Similar with re-topology. Why to use it if a static model is the case? Because zbrush and other surface sculpt tools love re-topology.

• Advanced Member

OK arms are divided now, I can go for details. I also increased resolution, the new engine for volume tools is excellent. Performance on macs now over 100fps, wow. (5M)

I never tried to retopo using divided meshes, any advices?

• Advanced Member

Zbrush, imported as multi-res, ready for more details and setting poses.

BTW, I tested all the difficult parts of this workflow. New 3dc mac build works perfectly, I didn't experienced memory leaks, it didn't slow down (left it for 1 hour without doing anything), retopo tools were working smoothly, even in difficult parts (fingers)

And a tip directly from Andrew, when some strange behavior of sculpt tools is starting (smooth tool), create a fresh, same density copy of the layer and move the volume there. :brush:

• Advanced Member

OK some small improvement. But when coming to zbrush the whole project starts to be boring. All these details... I have to do. I tested some sss for old painting style. These warm transparent sub tones these masters using to work over with thicker painting, you know