3DCoat Forums

Shaders? Textures?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

yeah it is possible, just open the shader window (in your voxelroom) and create a new from an existing shader...

but for some shaders u will need a spherical texture - image with 180°+180° degree - but its easy, u can use photoshop, gimp, or u made a photo from a bubble or u did have an fisheye for ur cam, or u did render a sphere. And for others u will nee seamless textures.

And dds, thats not so important, this dds file did wrote 3dCoat. U can work with PNG, TIFF and so on. But u can watch with an irfanview plugin (formats.dll) how dds textures are looking.

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Textures can be referenced by adding them in the shader:

sampler CustomSampler1;//corresponds to texture Shaders/CustomSampler1.dds[/CODE]

So if I create a new texture that I want to use in the shader, I just need to add another line below CustomSampler1:

[CODE]sampler CustomSampler2;[/CODE]

Then create the dds file in "[3D-Coat folder]\Shaders\Custom\[Name of new shader]\CustomSampler2.dds"

I think you can go up to 8 CustomSamplers. But I would not touch CustomSampler3, It's used for selection mask coloring.