3DCoat Forums

Possible bugs in 3.7.02C?

Hi,

Firstly, Happy New Year to you all.

Last week, I installed 3.7.02C over the latest stable version and I think I may have found a pretty serious bug. However, I thought I'd post here first just in case I'm doing something stupid!

For some strange reason, I'm unable to properly 'Frame' any of my test objects. The 'Focus on Pen' button/action appears to work as it did in the previous version - as does the 'Reset the camera to the default position' button. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the latest build?

Framed.jpg

Every one of my test objects are scaled and positioned like this when I click 'Frame'.

Reset.jpg

Reset the camera view appears to work without a problem!

In addition, I have noticed some slightly odd behavior when using hotkeys to change the size of my brush. If I use '[' to make my brush smaller, the brush size changes immediately. However, when I use ']' to make the brush size bigger the first click doesn't do a thing. It's minor but it can be a little frustrating when you're in the flow of sculpting. It'd be great if someone else could confirm whether or not they're experiencing the same issue.

Cheers!

Hi Lucky,

Cheers! I believe I've actually spotted another thread that relates to the issue you're having (I just did a quick search and can't find it). If I'm right, I believe it may already be fixed for the next build but I could be totally wrong!

As for my bug - I've at least found the cause! The framing issue gets worse every time I increase the voxel density using Res+. If I create a new primitive then frame works correctly, every time I click Res+ thereafter the framing gets worse and worse. Surely this odd behavior can't be specific to my installation/set-up? It appears as though it is right now so I might try and record a video of it in a moment.

• Reputable Contributor

This does not relate your bug.

You might know this already but just in case.

I seldom use the Res + anymore, instead I use the resample tool. This tool gives you greater control over the amount of resolution increasing by manually setting the number of voxels to increase. Res+ default is always 4X times. Resampling also does a goof job at keeping your detail if your resampling to a lower voxel count. You can resample up or down with the tool. A great way of keeping your voxel count under control till you are really to add the small details.

Great :) ! Thanks for the help guys !

@John, I've been trying to replicate your framing issue but everything seems to work here fine but then again I'm using an slightly older version: Win7 64bit cuda - v 3.7.01B DX.

Knowing how fast Andrew squashes bugs, I'm sure your issue will be resolved soon.

L

Hi John,

It's not just you, I can recreate the issue by using res+ or resample.

And not only that, you can get the same issue by scaling the object smaller (or larger but the effect is different) with the Transform tool.

Most likely 3DC is not updating the object's bounding box info correctly.

-Jeff

• 2 weeks later...