3DCoat Forums

Problems after instaling 4.5 beta

oscar_mello

Hi all, i have some issues after instaling the 4.5 beta, in both the beta and the last stable release, i uninstall both and reinstall the stable release after but seems like the same problems are still in there, with problems and issues i mean the follow:

The preview on the paint room looks similar to the preview on render room,

Some paint work on the model isnt there on sculpt, render, and paint rooms,

If i apply smooth or any other tool on my model the paintshows on that area,

I try to work on a new model, new file, but after a while i lost primitives on one layer, the layer is still there but not the primitives.

i dont know if i need to delete more data after uninstalling to get back to the old stable realease i had, thanks in advance for any help.

The last file i was working on is attached

post-38830-0-03164700-1425579436_thumb.j

post-38830-0-34823900-1425579437_thumb.j

post-38830-0-56551300-1425579622_thumb.j

post-38830-0-91143500-1425579623_thumb.j

post-38830-0-97445300-1425579624_thumb.j

post-38830-0-87309700-1425579625_thumb.j

• Reputable Contributor

You did not say if you followed the instructions for installing the new PBR beta. The proper instructions are given there. I am answering the question only on the information given at this time.

Looks like you overwrote the 4.1.17D or an earlier version with the PBR beta 12A... Even if you installed the Beta to a different folder location they still would share the same 3DC folder under Documents and Settings. They must have their own separate 3DC folders... You have to keep renaming these folders depending upon if you want to run the official 3DC version or the Beta version. 

You will need to go to Documents and Settings in Windows or wherever windows 8 puts that stuff now. (Linux user here) Manually remove the 3DC folder after you uninstall 3DC.

Reinstall the non beta 3DC, it will create a brand new 3DC folder under Documents and Settings...

Doing the above you will lose all your personal settings and you will need to register 3DC again.

Edited by digman

• Contributor

What disappeared was the voxel object which means you don't have an "import model for per pixel painting ". It seems okay for additional sculpting but if you just want to paint on a model made elsewhere, go File>Import>"Model for per pixel painting"

What disappeared was the voxel object which means you don't have an "import model for per pixel painting ". It seems okay for additional sculpting but if you just want to paint on a model made elsewhere, go File>Import>"Model for per pixel painting"

thanks i ll try that :D