3DCoat Forums

What is the difference between 3D-CoatDX64C.exe and 3D-CoatDX64S.exe?

3DNut

Hello,

What is the difference between 3D-CoatDX64C.exe and 3D-CoatDX64S.exe? What is the significance of the "S" versus the "C"? I know that I want to run the 64bit DX CUDA version but I am a little confused by which .exe shortcut to set.

Thanks for your help,

Bryson Jack

Well thank you very much for that information. CUDA acceleration sounds nice. Are there any downsides to using the "C" configuration? If there isn't any downside then why is there an "S" version at all. I am still a little unsure about how this works.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Well thank you very much for that information. CUDA acceleration sounds nice. Are there any downsides to using the "C" configuration? If there isn't any downside then why is there an "S" version at all. I am still a little unsure about how this works.

None that I know of. I always use CUDA version. I believe that Simple version is dedicated mostly to AMD and other non-NVidia cards, due to their lack of CUDA support.

• Like 1

• Contributor

I agree with ajz3d , allthough in my case and when using the smaller card 470 gtx the S works faster , on the big card cuda may work faster on some commands / tasks.