3DCoat Forums

broken view

Hay people still continue to get this artificial shader view...29n5.jpg

There is no any flipped normals, may be in this places are little polygon overlapping I don know exactly.

When I increase size of textures in "change texture and mesh resolution" this artifacts become smaller and vise verse.

When I use Invert normals in import menu, i get this artifacts inverted, all faces are black artifacts grey. But there is no any flipped normals I checked it. It looks like those artifacts appears where a lot of small polygons are.

Pleas help! have no idea what is it..

Here you can download project and .obj.

When you will import obj, check - Lock normals.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1uI4ljG15PObnRUcnhuc3hacXM/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by samardac

• Contributor

First of all, there are two very thin areas literally loaded with supporting edges, where loops are almost one over another (I counted 19 loops in the convex area and 32 in the concave!). That's a lot, even for a mesh that is meant for subdivision, and this one I understand is not. Then there are terribly stretched triangles of almost 0 area. They're so stretched, that they appear hidden. Removing some unnecessary loops (those that are too densely packed) and fixing those triangles should help.

P. S. The exclamation mark on the image roughly shows where those bad triangles are. Move the vertex and the triangle will show up.

post-12523-0-80937800-1375104827_thumb.j

Edited by ajz3d

• Reputable Contributor

Here are the things I found in your obj.

1. The booleans with the added fillets was not done well...

2. lots of overlapping polygons on the outside of the boolean areas.

3. It appears to be that fillets were added after the boolean operations and they are overlapping polygons at the bottom of the fillets

4 Narrow triangles almost sitting on top of each other.

If these are the type of files you are getting from your client then of course you will have problems in 3DCoat. 

• Reputable Contributor

The problem is the bad topology not whether it is hidden or revelled. You never and I mean never should have bad topology as that obj model has whether is hidden or not. The practice of creating bad topology is not one that should be encouraged...

Tony has it right some programs will hide flaws but again 3DCoat is not one of them...

• Contributor

Just wander, why other soft show it good...

Looks like 3 DC make some extra work when importing file and here that stuff happen.

Cause C4D or Zbrush do not make any extra work on import as I know - the time to import in those soft is less then in 3D coat.

In some cases one program might me more forgiving than others. The topology of this mesh is bad and needs to be cleaned up.

Thanx guys, solved)

Those models was made by exporting from Nurbs Modeller. And it looks like it produce this complicated geometry when use triangles and quads in cage. I changed to N-gons and have more clear geometry now. Everything is working good. I use these models as high poly for further retopology and normal maps bakes good.

47yy.jpg

Edited by samardac