3DCoat Forums

Pressure when sculpting

eastdacc

Hi

Was just trying the demo... looks very cool, feels very responsive and solid, i just have two little questions.

1. In sculpt mode i couldn't find a way to make pressure only affect the depth and not the radius of the brush.

2. Couldn't find a way to use pressure when using the spray tool.

I was able to change how pressure worked for the standard paint brush tool, so I wonder if it is possible to do it with sculpt and spray tools too or if is it planned to be added later.

Thankyou

1. In sculpt mode i couldn't find a way to make pressure only affect the depth and not the radius of the brush.

There is lock icon on the top near depth slider. It does exactly what you need.

2. Couldn't find a way to use pressure when using the spray tool.

I was able to change how pressure worked for the standard paint brush tool, so I wonder if it is possible to do it with sculpt and spray tools too or if is it planned to be added later.

Changing pressure usually leads to less speed of depth growing. I have checked, it works.

There is lock icon on the top near depth slider. It does exactly what you need.

Hi, i tested it and didn't see any changes. What i want is to affect only the depth and not the size of the brush with the pen pressure. I see when locked that changing the brush size also changes the depth, but when i stroke the size is still affected by pressure.

Changing pressure usually leads to less speed of depth growing. I have checked, it works.

Hi Ok... i see the effect in spray :) would be cool if it affected color too.

thankyou

Hi, i tested it and didn't see any changes. What i want is to affect only the depth and not the size of the brush with the pen pressure. I see when locked that changing the brush size also changes the depth, but when i stroke the size is still affected by pressure.

Now I see what you want. Really, the mode "Only alter the pen depth depending on pen pressure" works only in pen mode and don't work in sculpt mode. It is bug and it will be fixed in nearest update (beta update in 1-2 days and release update in 7-10 days).

Now I see what you want. Really, the mode "Only alter the pen depth depending on pen pressure" works only in pen mode and don't work in sculpt mode. It is bug and it will be fixed in nearest update (beta update in 1-2 days and release update in 7-10 days).

cool

thankyou