3DCoat Forums

[SOLVED] exporting multiple textures

Aleksey

• Advanced Member

So i got my model in 6 parts.  brought them all into 3d coat. painted all the parts. pressed export model. And only one of the textures gets exported. for only one of the parts.

How do i get all the objects to export? ie 6 textures, 1 for each object ( with its own UV) .

ibyF7FOCzWGKz7.png

Also, how do i change the name of the materials in the Texture editor? I thought if i changed em in "materials" they would change there too, but they dont :(

:)

Edited by Aleksey

• Advanced Member

each object has there own uv tag in cinema4d. So yeah i guess they all use the same 1,1 UV space ( im a bit ignorant here). I just unwrapped them each separately in 3d coat.

• Advanced Member

Nope, it just exports a psd with layers ( which is nice) But still only for one object :(

also in the drop down menu when i select export all layers. there 3 uv sets to pick from and "all layers"

which is wierd, coz i have more uv sets than 3..

Edited by Aleksey

• Contributor

There are only 3 sets. You have 4x Default, that gets joind into one.

I am not sure what you did, but if i import a model, same material gets joined befor i could start painting.

How many texturesets did you have on import? Was there 6, too?

• Advanced Member

I used the c4d import plugin.

here is a video showing what i did. maybe this helps.

( i didnt figure anything out, it was just misguided excitement)

Edited by Aleksey

• Contributor

If you send the object to 3d coat you could rename the uvset name.

or if you are done with import

Try this (Edit)

post-24378-0-97992400-1408200655_thumb.j

And rename you Uv-Set name to individual names.

Have you ever testet to send all 6 objects at the same time and not one by one?

Edited by Malo

• Advanced Member

Ok sweet! thanks for that.

So after importing them all at the same time i realized that all the objects apart from the one with the material applied to it imported with the uv sets on top of each other.

so i went back in and applied a blank material to each objects and named it according to the mesh part.

now its exports as expected. Now just to figure out how to export the textures i already have painted :)

[edit]: when i change the titles in mesh and texture resolution, they dont seem to save. every time i exit and come back they have their old names. ( in my old spider file)

I think it messed up because i imported the geometry without a texture tag, so they all have the same name.... :(

[edit2]: ok so for now i just delete every object except the one i want to export and i can get all the parts out that way. For future reference: apply materials to your objects in c4d before sending them over to 3d coat. =)

Edited by Aleksey