3DCoat Forums

COLLADA Exporter

JamesH

bizarre...still won't show up with Alpha18 (doesn't initiate in log.txt either).

I'm running XP SP2 (32-bit) and here's where I've got the .dll:

I've got an old build of the Alpha that it doesn't show up in, I'll get the latest version and have a look.

Does it work with 2.10.10 ? If not, can you also try disabling your virus scanner when running 3DC (wild stab in the dark, but the scanner could be scanning the .dll as it's loaded and locking it).

• Advanced Member

doesn't run with 2.10.10 either (and no-show in log.txt). no virus scanner when running 3dc, so that doesn't

appear to be it either...

I'll try it on my laptop with 3.0 alpha in a bit, but won't be able to check back in till later this evening.

Seems really strange that it's not being picked up by Windows as an optional pulldown (since you can see

I haven't bungled placing the .dll in the appropriate folder :D )

doesn't run with 2.10.10 either (and no-show in log.txt). no virus scanner when running 3dc, so that doesn't

appear to be it either...

I'll try it on my laptop with 3.0 alpha in a bit, but won't be able to check back in till later this evening.

Seems really strange that it's not being picked up by Windows as an optional pulldown (since you can see

I haven't bungled placing the .dll in the appropriate folder :D )

I'm out of ideas I'm afraid, it works on Alpha18 for me as well.

Andrew, have you got an idea on the problem ?

EDIT : Andrew would the VS2005 Redistributable Package be needed ? I don't know about this, but the common denominator on both my machines is VS2005 - only a thought.

• Advanced Member

just to make sure I could operate with .dae, I took my test object I gave you into Ultimate Unwrap 3d and

saved it out as .dae ... and then re-imported it back into UU3d as .dae (and it retained all properties of its

original .obj format)

I'm outta ideas too, sadly ... hopefully others won't run into this problem if they need .dae <shrugs>

*edit* Just installed the 2005 visual c++ redistributable and re-booted, but still no-go for both 2.10.10 or

3.0alpha18 .... pulldown option on export just shows .lwo and .obj :(

I have looked dll's contence and it refers to

MSVCP90.dll

MSVCR90.dll

It seems DLL is compiled and MFC libraries are not linked statically. JamesH, please check it in options.

Not really knowing too much about this topic, I recompiled using the /MT option and checked the .dll with DependencyWalker and it seems to be ok now - is there anything more for me to do ?

I've uploaded a new build.

Not really knowing too much about this topic, I recompiled using the /MT option and checked the .dll with DependencyWalker and it seems to be ok now - is there anything more for me to do ?

I've uploaded a new build.

I have checked - it does not depends on VS DLL-s now.

It is interesting, have you succeed with normalmap exporting and rendereing?

I have checked - it does not depends on VS DLL-s now.

It is interesting, have you succeed with normalmap exporting and rendereing?

To be honest the only package I have that can display the normal maps is C4 and the normal map imports fine into it, I used the <bump> element tag to identify the normal map texture. Although that tag isn't listed in the COLLADA spec and after going through a lot of the COLLADA examples it's a bit vague on identifying what the normal map references need to be. Each package seems to use a slightly different way to identify actual textures. I'm going to have a look this weekend and maybe post on the COLLADA forums so that I can get a definitive answer.

• 8 months later...
  • Advanced Member

sorry to bump a old thread, but where do i get this MSVC.dll? google fail. Im having trouble getting this plugin work for 3DC 3.00.06. its not showing up or loading.

sorry to bump a old thread, but where do i get this MSVC.dll? google fail. Im having trouble getting this plugin work for 3DC 3.00.06. its not showing up or loading.

Not been around here for a while, I'll upgrade to 3.x this weekend and look at the Exporter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...