3DCoat Forums

Space Heroine Model for Game

ozukaru

• Advanced Member

This is a WIP of a model for a UDK demo that im working on. The topic of the demo will be a space heroine Lara Croft style!

Although still is a lot of work to be done in the model I would like tomorrow to make a fast retopo and use the baked voxel materials in order just to take the model in game-engine ambient as soon as posible to do some testing

The starting point was a model from "make human", then after a couple of days of work in order to "Lara Croftiezer it" ;) now im working in the armor-kind of "clothes" ;)

I used a lot the "voxel layer" feature and "cut off". (btw the "clear selection" in voxel layer dialog seems to be not working, the only way that i found to deselect parts of the model was using ctr + the tool (square or whatever other), Im using 3.7.11B (64bit, Cuda)

post-1920-0-95317200-1337482490_thumb.jp

• Advanced Member

3000 triangles aprox.

Now I have this test model in UDK! but Im seeing a lot of bad details that must be corrected in the voxels models (and indeed add a lot of detail about the armor-clothes thing, it is suposed to be a "crysis game style suit"), fortunately the retopo model can be reused and remake only the changes. By the way the hands-globe-guns are only an improvisation in order to avoid rigging fingers ;) but in the final version there will be full rigged hands.

• Advanced Member

With this last "ingame" test im gogin back to the voxels model to re-iterate, this time should be the last so I will be adding a lot of detail to that voxel model to finish it (becasuse im not planing iterate again..)

The leg and hip sway movement looks ok. Only critique would be it seems the arms are too far apart when she is walking. Also the secondary motion of the arms during her walk doesnt seem natural.

Keep it up though! Is the environment something you made? Or is it UDK assets?

• 5 weeks later...