3DCoat Forums

Old Man reworking

digman

• Reputable Contributor

I thought I do some reworking of the old man sculpt. The original was a voxel sculpt but it was painted as a 2d image. This time I will use polypainting and render in 3DCoat.

This in not the final version as more sculpting is to be done plus shader and painting work...

post-518-0-83747700-1332908917_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

A skin workover, plus general workings of the eyes, etc... Top of head, lips, eye balls, neck still to do. More wrinkles to do in places too.

I'm using this man as a model to test, different brushes I create (surface mode) and techniques that learn in how to work 3DCoat's digital clay.

@ Garagarape, no model just imagination on this guy... B)

Polypainting and render in 3DCoat...

3 million polygons in surface mode.

post-518-0-28479400-1334107679_thumb.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

Another update...

Lips, eye lashes etc still to do plus the white of the eyes still need some work too.

Not real happy with eyebrows yet... not sure it I can get them looking good or not maybe free form pose tool on them.

4.3 million polygons in surface mode, added more wrinkles, skin pores, eye brows, nose hairs etc, increase the polygons of the eye balls.

Polypainting and rendered in 3DCoat...

post-518-0-12254500-1334605702_thumb.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

@Tony Nemo, Yepper those glass eyes need some reworking. I will see if the old man wants to go through some more progression. ;)

@ michalis, Darn troublesome wrinkles, well back to the drawing broad...

Thanks for the comments... B)

• 2 weeks later...

The sculpt is looking good!

Might I add though if he is really old I imagine his lips would be a little more wrinkly. Also the slight protruding line just to the outside of his eye, going down, slightly turning inward and ending just above the nostril line feels a little too wide and sort of breaks the flow a bit.

I hope you keep at it!