3DCoat Forums

import from zbrush to 3dcoat method?

Flippers

hey guys. total newbie in coat still. i'm absolutely LOVING it though. i have to start a new character at work today and i think i'm ready to start one in 3d coat. 

my concern right now is this. 

i exported a decimated character i did from zbrush, i tried the import>merge object with these settings. 

Auto Scale (somewhere this was an option?)
Merge without voxelizing

Make Mesh closed. 

i pressed ENTER and the mesh is a Surface layer (which i do want) and everything looks exactly the same as it did in zbrush. 

I'm hoping i can use the imported mesh as size reference so when i export out of 3d coat back in to zbrush or modo, my characters size stays the same? do the settings i used look correct for importing a mesh? I hope this makes sense. 

EDIT:

I tried the auto scale, my 3d mouse works great when i click on auto scale for my character. if i dont click auto scale, the model comes in at the correct size. its INCREDIBLY small in 3d coat though? its miniature? i need the scale to stay the same as i'm going from coat to modo eventually. can someone explain how i do this correctly?

• Contributor

The scale is only visual in 3d coat.

Scale it to your needs, that you could work with it.

After export, your model get "rescaled" to your original size.

If you have more files to import, you could store the import scaling for future imports.