3DCoat Forums

New Mantis Project added v4.1

Hello friends.

I've added a new project in mantis called version 4.1. Please post all bugs related to version 4.1 into this area.

All reporters were already added to the new version.

If you like you can set your account to see the new project directly after your login.

To do this please go to mantis->My Account->Preferences and set the default project.

Thank you very much

Chris

• Like 1

to move 4.0 reports to 4.1 change the date

i was moving my old reports... now all this one had today as reported day

waaaaall of old request bring back from death occluding the really new ones :wacko:

Please do not move old bugs to the new versions for now!

I will take a look, what to do with old existing bugs.

Maybe you can link them together. Please don't move the bugs to the new version. In the meantime you can set a relationship, if you want.

To do this post the bug anew in the new version and reopen it then. In the middle you will find a line called "relationship". There you can post the origin issue number.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to move bugs to a new project without changing the origin date. So please keep the old bugs where they are.

But it is always good to point to unfixed bugs from older versions.

So if you like please use the way I mentioned in my post before. Post the old bug in the new version anew if needed and set the relationship to the first posted version please. The relationship is represented by the issue number. A link to the old bug will be set automatically.

Thank you

Chris

sorry but still i cant edit my own report, will you... ^_^

* is good idea to migrate aaaallll reports to 4.1 ? :huh:

Editing: Will check it...

Reports: No. Better not. Better point to unfixed issues. Assign them to Andrew if not already done and write some infos until the issue is fixed or he gives some feedback... We need the origin dates to show how long some issues exist.

If you ask me: The project versions are just to organize all issues. All problems should be always checked and fixed, not only the ones from the current version...

Just because some issues doesn't appear in the current release, it doesn't mean all bugs are fixed!

Thank you

Chris

Thank you.

The problem is: I can't check if someone is a real user before approving.

The most people sign in and don't write their real names, even if they are regular users.

So if you see posts like this, drop me an info.

Thank you again!

Product version: option tab listed to nothing... its empty

ty

ok. Now I got it. You mean inside the posted issues view. Ok. Will check it... strange.

@Tony: Ich set only full versions. *A, *B etc will not be added. Too small in my view.

• Contributor

Same on my side with missing Product Version.

Is that normal that every user is in the Assign To field?

Its nice that someone could Assigned something to me, but i would never ever able to fix the problem :D

• Contributor

So, who should we put into Assign To field when creating a report? Ourselves? Or is it better to leave it blank? I always put Andrew there, but since you say that all reports are assigned to him no matter what then perhaps it's better to leave it blank. What do you say?

Product Version drop-down list is still empty.

Also, in the past Mantis had these "declare your stance" buttons. What happened to them?

Hi folks.

Product versions should be selectable now.

About "assign to": It is always good to leave it like it is. Because of feedback. If you need more feedback from someone special, than this is good for.

So fi you don't know who is responsible for something, than leave it empty. If you want some feedback then set the name there. To set Andrew into this field is ok, but not a guarantee for a faster solution. :)

Best wishes

Chris

• 2 months later...