3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.5 released!

• Reputable Contributor

In this version both buttons in Space Navigator does not work.

I have assigned to them SHIFT and CTRL functions but 'inverse' and 'smooth' do not work at all.

In othes programs (even in file explorer) all is ok.

The rest is just perfect. I am very glad to send BIG Congrats to Mr. Andrew and all Pilgway TEAM :)

I use my SpacePilot with 3DC almost everyday, and have had no difficulties with it. May be a driver glitch. Try downloading the latest driver for the device if you haven't already and installing/re-installing it.

Congrats and I had to pop in and say I LOVE the nurnies toolkit!

Also being a QuadPanels user, my jaw dropped seeing how easy the spaceship was constructed using 3D Coat!

Of course with voxels, there's no concern for topology, just pure creativity - this video was an eye opener for me to see what I'm missing by not forcing myself to make 3DC a tool I use in my every day model building.

Being a spaceship junkie, I will definitely try to become comfortable with using 3DC at least to the level shown in that video! I need to be creating my ships with freedom like that. (I'll worry about suffering the retopo pain later...)

BRAVO on the new release and thanks again so much for the nurnie kit!

-Will

• Advanced Member

Congratulations!

Hope You like spaceship video and greebles :)

By the way, retopo of this model is not really a problem.

Part 2 Video!!!Hehe. I have not retopo or seen any video of retopo of objects like that. Its usually organic models.

Part 2 Video!!!Hehe. I have not retopo or seen any video of retopo of objects like that. Its usually organic models.

Yeah I second this, I would love to see how you go about retopoing that, it looks great Tinker, well done and a big thanks for the greebles :)

I hadn't followed the auto retopo feature closely during development. Now that I tried it, it's unbelievably awesome!

I quickly sculpted the bust of a creature and ran the auto retopo. Even with all the default options it generated a great mesh! I know I can go ahead and provide hints to perfect it further but even the default behavior was nothing short of amazing! Thanks for this amazing tool!

Excellent update.

The one thing I would like to have in the Retopo room is the ability to spin edges.

Say you auto Retoped a model but a few edges needs to flow in a different direction, then just spin a few edges and you are done.

• Advanced Member
The one thing I would like to have in the Retopo room is the ability to spin edges.

:good:

The new 3.5 version is the best I had so far! Thank you. But still some complains in surface mode.

Update: using the new material everything works fine, sorry. Great work Andrew.

• Contributor

Excellent update.

Say you auto Retoped a model but a few edges needs to flow in a different direction, then just spin a few edges and you are done.

It's already there. :)

Pick "Select" tool,be sure to be in edges mode..now in commands you should see "spin" and "spin back" buttons,this is what you are looking for.

• Advanced Member

Pick "Select" tool,be sure to be in edges mode..now in commands you should see "spin" and "spin back" buttons,this is what you are looking for.

how about straighten edgeloops in xyz or average straighten? For straightening crooked edgeloops.

Hey thanks, :drinks:

I wonder why this is hidden, their looks to be more than enough space on the side bar to have it there all the time.

• Contributor

So many things I've never noticed! Works great. Thanks for pointing it out!

Greg

I use my SpacePilot with 3DC almost everyday, and have had no difficulties with it. May be a driver glitch. Try downloading the latest driver for the device if you haven't already and installing/re-installing it.

I have downloaded latest version 3-11-3_r955 uninstalled previous version and installed the new one. And stiil buttons in SN do not work.

Some versions of 3DC all was ok. From 3 or 4 builds ago they stopped to work.

System specs are in my footer.

What it should be wrong? In other programs they work as needed. 

• Contributor

I have to start my SpacePilot driver as administrator every day for it all to work for me. I'm on a Windows 7 64 bit machine too.

Greg

edit: I just put a link to the driver on my desktop, set the properties (compatabilty) as 'run this program as administrator' and click it in the morning when I'm ready to work. It's really not any hassle.

I have downloaded latest version 3-11-3_r955 uninstalled previous version and installed the new one. And stiil buttons in SN do not work.

Some versions of 3DC all was ok. From 3 or 4 builds ago they stopped to work.

System specs are in my footer.

What it should be wrong? In other programs they work as needed.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

What can I say...dry.gif

Everything is difficult if you don't know what to do :)

Very BIG thank You :)

I disable the User Account Control upon first installing Windows 7. I hate that darn thing. It's more trouble to the user than it is for any would-be hackers.

• Advanced Member

Yeah! I concur, fantastic tool set there Tinker, well done. I have had a bit of a go making a space ship myself, using a lot of your stuff for attachments etc. Here's a screen or 2. So far its pretty basic as compared to yours;

128496960519.jpg

128496999560.jpg

If I may ask, how do you go about making them? I can make objects no worries, but I don't know how you put the bounding box's that remove the voxels surrounding the objects, and there's no doubt other things I am missing also. I'd like to have a go at making some that I can share with the community also. Or is there a tutorial already for doing this?

Anyway thanks. :clapping:

Yeah! I concur, fantastic tool set there Tinker, well done. I have had a bit of a go making a space ship myself, using a lot of your stuff for attachments etc. Here's a screen or 2. So far its pretty basic as compared to yours;

128496960519.jpg

128496999560.jpg

If I may ask, how do you go about making them? I can make objects no worries, but I don't know how you put the bounding box's that remove the voxels surrounding the objects, and there's no doubt other things I am missing also. I'd like to have a go at making some that I can share with the community also. Or is there a tutorial already for doing this?

Anyway thanks. :clapping:

There are positive and negative volumes. You may have several objects in your primitive. If object is called some_name_negative it is treated as negative volume. It will be subtracted from the current volume before merging. Then all rest objects will be merged to scene. Open any of Tinker's objects and you will see how it works.