3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.7 updates thread

• Contributor

@ BeatKitano. I can confirm this bug... When I select my preset brush, it highlights the wrong brush in the side bar tool panel and not the brush it was based off of.

Now on my end the preset brush is still correct and brushes correctly with my settings but the the highlighting is incorrect...

Linux version 3.7.18C non-cuda 64 bit

I'll have to reinstall 3.7.18F to confirm it's only a visual bug, but I think I noticed it because it wasn't doing what I expected. Btw this doesn't happen on 3.7.18C on my end. Weird.

• Advanced Member

When in Surface mode, then use the SurfHide brush to hide a section of my sculpt I get a lot of geometry fragments left behind which I cannot do anything with, they are un selectable, any one else get these? The only brushes I have been using are the Move, Smooth, LiveClay, Decimate and TSmooth.

T.

It looks like the latest version still has the EXE file names differently so that the shortcuts to it are broken. Temporarily this can be fixed by simply removing the letter C from the file name in the Program Files folder.

Or one could simply RMB+Drag and drop>Create Shortcut, among other ways.

• Advanced Member

Updated to 3.7.18F. The reson is that left panel disappearing was not completely fixed, also I fixed problem of clone mentioned by Tser. I am trying to make as stable as possible last 3.7 build before posting first V4 beta. If all is OK with this build, Mac&Linus builds will be done very soon.

Andrew please allow separate config files for v3 and v4. I want to be able to use stable v3 on projects while v4 beta just for playing without the installation and user preferences overlapping each other and messing up settings.

Andrew please allow separate config files for v3 and v4. I want to be able to use stable v3 on projects while v4 beta just for playing without the installation and user preferences overlapping each other and messing up settings.

+1

• Reputable Contributor

+1

• Contributor

+1

And please (really), put every custom files (shortcuts files/settings/custom shaders etc) in ONE folder. Currently I've files custom files in both Documents\3D-CoatV3 and C:\Program Files\3D-Coat-V3 (because the custom data was moved to user account folder after initial release). I often don't know in which folder my files are located...

Most of the time I go to appdata/local/ to find 3dcoat user files (which is the standard), putting it in the document folder is weird, I know a lot of developper are doing it but it's a pain to have all those folders listed in libraries..

Just put the necessary base file in program files and let the user choose the custom user folder at first launch please.

• Reputable Contributor

There is a critical bug with the preset brushes now in Linux version 3.7.18F non-cuda 64 bit.

Some of the preset brushes now are using the wrong brush when I select my preset brush.

Example--- I select my Preset LC CreaseClay brush but the Reduce Brush with it's settings is selected instead.

I think BeatKitano mentioned this in the Window's version as well...

Video with a bug report will be posted at Mantis today or tommorrow...

• Reputable Contributor

Here is the example in the picture. I have selected my LC CreaseClay preset brush but the reduce brush with it's settings is selected instead.

Also we need the brushes to be highlighted we choose in the preset panel but that is a feature request...

No stacking of shortcuts. I select my brushes in the preset panel with my tablet pen...

Also some alphas icons in the preset panel get screwed up. That is another bug that has been there but I have not reported it. It is only a icon bug and does not affect the true alpha.

Linux version 3.7.18F non-cuda 64 bit.

post-518-0-73274800-1348151738_thumb.png

• Reputable Contributor

User created brushes based off the LC General brush have no icons... I guess they could at least have the general brush icon associated with them. Something that Andrew I'm sure could add or maybe make our own icons...

• Contributor

User created brushes based off the LC General brush have no icons... I guess they could at least have the general brush icon associated with them. Something that Andrew I'm sure could add or maybe make our own icons...

Duplicate general brush original icon into custom brushes folder, this way we can edit those icons to be our own. That would be nice indeed. This need to be fixed one way or another anyway.

• Advanced Member

Yep, I also get the wrong LC brush selected when selecting the Preset brush, for e.g. selecting the TSmooth preset brush selects the LiveClay brush, but after redefining the presets they work as expected, I think it would be a pain if you had a lot of presets to redefine though.

T.

Yeah then you have to replace all of the shortcuts you have in place. Change the EXE name and it fixes them all at once.

lol

Oh garsh, life is so hard. These fandangled computers and their infernal problems.

Hey !!

I'm testing retopo room on Fedora, and have problem with randomly moving vertices. For example i want to create seams, and after few clicks i find that 2-3 random vertices are moved. Sometimes just a little bit, other times moved far away. I'm using 3D-Coat 3.7.18F. Annoying bug. Need to test on Windows.

Anybody can confirm that?

Hey !!

I'm testing retopo room on Fedora, and have problem with randomly moving vertices. For example i want to create seams, and after few clicks i find that 2-3 random vertices are moved. Sometimes just a little bit, other times moved far away. I'm using 3D-Coat 3.7.18F. Annoying bug. Need to test on Windows.

Anybody can confirm that?

I can't confirm but I have idea why it happens. I hope it will change in next build.

I'm not sure if somewhere on this forum this has been addressed in depth,..but I just wanted tor raise the question briefly,...Will there be any significant update to the 'live clay' tools before 4.0 ships? I feel like there is a ton of potential with these, I find myself wanted to use them all the time (just get that extra level of detail), but find them somewhat unreliable (crashing or otherwise corrupting my mesh) and they lack the feel of the vox and surface sculpting tools...I'm sure its been mentioned before, but I would really like to see these tools refined,..I read in another thread of the possibility of voxel based live clay tools (in vox mode)...not sure how thats possible, but of course it would change the whole game....

thanks,

-Josh