3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.1 updates thread

• Contributor
cuffins,

Perhaps there's something wrong with the 64-bit DX version then, because on my machine, the

fill tool takes forever to fill and it's not very 'aggressive' filling even when I overdrive it to 500%...

:unsure:

I've posted about this quite few times....

Andrew probably noticed,they is surely a wall with Fill Tool.

Maybe as a surface tool ? :) better cavity detection must be easier to acheive from the cage

BTW : toothpaste and muscle tool works great together.You can make basemesh with toothpaste(degrade and smooth results) increase res and then add musculature with the muscle tool.

• Advanced Member
Look for file Program Fles\...3dc inst folder...\License.dat

Is there such file? If it is there delete it.

I can't uninstall the license as it is not active in the software. There is no license.dat in the 3dc folder. I tried creating one and pasting my license key into it then loading 3dc out of curiosity and it still prompted me to register, showing my license key in the registration input already, but not validating it. After loading 3dc this way it deletes the License.dat file anyway. The file was gone when I looked in the 3dc folder.

I tried uninstalling the software completely but that didn't help either. The program still shows my license key in the registration form but doesn't recognize it. I'm running it in 30 day trial mode at the moment as I'm at work and trying to finish a model with it.

• Advanced Member

Love the toothpaste and muscle tools, they're so fast and easy to work with. I made a sub-object for the muscles in a suitable red colour and it looked great!

Surface snapping on the muscle tool is a must though. Also I'm not sure why, but sometimes I'd drop a muscle and it would disappear... weird. Anyone else?

It's shame I don't know anything about muscle structure :rolleyes: but they're also good tools for making fat dudes too!

ps. It only took a minute to find, but anyway I'll post this link to a free skeleton model I found:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/22098/3D-Model/Ne...leton-%28OBJ%29

Hope it helps!

I can easily add checker "Stick to ground" as in toothpaste tool.

I like that Muscle can go off the surface, it makes it very versatile

You can easily make wonderful flippers and individual feathers on wings, lots of different

things ofher than muscles.

By the way in win32 DX CUDA the Toothpaste stick to ground button doesn't work.

It's always stuck to ground, the on/off state doesn't change the behavior at all.

Jeff

I like that Muscle can go off the surface, it makes it very versatile

You can easily make wonderful flippers and individual feathers on wings, lots of different

things ofher than muscles.

By the way in win32 DX CUDA the Toothpaste stick to ground button doesn't work.

It's always stuck to ground, the on/off state doesn't change the behavior at all.

Jeff

Yes I agree. I think that, as Andrew suggests, it would be a good idea to have a checkbox toggle so that we can use the muscles tool both ways.

• Advanced Member

Hi Andrew;

Great additions, thank you very much! I really don't wanna be a pain in the bum right now, but did you have the time to follow up with these?

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3615

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3614

Thank you;

AJ

• Contributor

Hi Andrew, The addition of the new tools is great But I have a request as to possible improvement of the muscle tool, it is very easy at a lower Depth in the muscle tool to create a bunch of negative space under the muscle masses and with this negative space present smothing the muscle you just placed causes big problems. At low depth the muscle actually lays down a thin sheet whch in itself could prove a useful tool but not really in the laying out of musculature. I actually successfully sculpt using the muscle tool at a high level of depth but as you see in the picture the muscle appears to be too Deep.

So my question is this Is there a way to optimise the tool so that the underlying space if created can be filled to the surface of the underlying voxle surface, like filling the cavity so to speak. I almost want to be able to stroke the muscles on at a low Depth setting and build them up slower but that is not possible with the tool in its current state as it can create lots of intersecting thin sheets, which i mentioned above cannot be smoothed nicely. I wonder is it possible to make the Stroke at lower depth conform more to the surface so that this negative space does not occur. I dunno something like a conform to surface check box? please see my Pics I can make a video if it helps understanding of what i mean?

[Edit] Like a surface muscle stroke?

post-1266-1251842252_thumb.jpg

post-1266-1251842267_thumb.jpg

wow.. dude andrew I have no idea how fast u work.. u must not sleep!

but anyways.. wanted to give feedback on 3.1.02.. ITS AWSOME!

so far all problems i had in 3.0 that were noticable.. mostly the hangups and crashes no longer happen to me! so 3.1 actsd now as stable as 3 ran.. and its better.. tools seem faster.. i was able to import hig polymesh w/o problems.. retop room worked great for me (had weirdness chukness before but all good now!!!

CUDA winXP64 OpenGL (3ghz xeon 16gbRam 2x4600quadroFX 15000rpm sasDrive)

and I LOVE the new muscle tool!!! so awsoem for doin things like toon hairs too!!

thnk you andrew!

pic of toon heads w/ muscle hairs:

post-1408-1251844417_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
Hi Andrew, The addition of the new tools is great But I have a request as to possible improvement of the muscle tool, it is very easy at a lower Depth in the muscle tool to create a bunch of negative space under the muscle masses and with this negative space present smothing the muscle you just placed causes big problems. At low depth the muscle actually lays down a thin sheet whch in itself could prove a useful tool but not really in the laying out of musculature. I actually successfully sculpt using the muscle tool at a high level of depth but as you see in the picture the muscle appears to be too Deep.

So my question is this Is there a way to optimise the tool so that the underlying space if created can be filled to the surface of the underlying voxle surface, like filling the cavity so to speak. I almost want to be able to stroke the muscles on at a low Depth setting and build them up slower but that is not possible with the tool in its current state as it can create lots of intersecting thin sheets, which i mentioned above cannot be smoothed nicely. I wonder is it possible to make the Stroke at lower depth conform more to the surface so that this negative space does not occur. I dunno something like a conform to surface check box? please see my Pics I can make a video if it helps understanding of what i mean?

[Edit] Like a surface muscle stroke?

Great Job Andrew on the muscle tool. One solution is maybe making the muscle tool more rounded like a real muscle. Just an idea.

post-920-1251861230_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
Great Job Andrew on the muscle tool. One solution is maybe making the muscle tool more rounded like a real muscle. Just an idea.

post-920-1251861230_thumb.jpg

There are three different muscle types you can select in top menue...second one is what you want...

• Contributor

При работе с toothpaste brush программа переодически глубоко зависает с акривным шуршанием винта, потом или молча закрывается или пишет out of memory хотя свободно 2,5 гигабайта. Окно с отправкой репорта ниразу не появлялось, ошибку удается регулярно повторить если быстро рисовать длинные тонкие штрихи

• Advanced Member
При работе с toothpaste brush программа переодически глубоко зависает с акривным шуршанием винта, потом или молча закрывается или пишет out of memory хотя свободно 2,5 гигабайта. Окно с отправкой репорта ниразу не появлялось, ошибку удается регулярно повторить если быстро рисовать длинные тонкие штрихи

?? :D