3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.1 updates thread

• Advanced Member

My license for 3dc just became invalid. I updated to the latest version and was working in it just fine before going out to lunch. I left the software running while I was out and came back to find a message saying my license is invalid. Uninstalled it and tried to reregister... the web client says thanks for registering but the software is only running in demo mode.

Very curious to see what this Toothpaste tool is all about.

"It is close by feeling to rake/rapid tool but has different mechanics and produces very clean and smooth strokes. And main advantage - it is superb fast." -Andrew

Very curious to see what this Toothpaste tool is all about.

"It is close by feeling to rake/rapid tool but has different mechanics and produces very clean and smooth strokes. And main advantage - it is superb fast." -Andrew

Yeah me too. Next build I hope is soon.

My license for 3dc just became invalid. I updated to the latest version and was working in it just fine before going out to lunch. I left the software running while I was out and came back to find a message saying my license is invalid. Uninstalled it and tried to reregister... the web client says thanks for registering but the software is only running in demo mode.

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Try to Help->Uninstall license, then enter key again.

• Advanced Member
Are you on Mac or Windows?

Try to Help->Uninstall license, then enter key again.

Hey Andrew, it was for my windows license at work. I have a mac license I use at home. I tried uninstalling the license and reregistering but the program stays in trial mode.

Updated to 3.1.02 (linux build - later today or tomorrow)

Changes:

- Transform gizmo will auto-center when new volume will be selected.

- Muscle tool. This tool will allow to create muscles easily and grow model just from skeleton. Shape of muscle will depend on pressure.

- Toothpaste tool. It is close by feeling to rake/rapid tool but has different mechanics and produces very clean and smooth strokes.

- Multi-autosave done - you can specify amount of autosave files to store history of your work.

- I have add item Windows->Popups->Retopo groups

- Deleting strokes with 'Del" key in Stroke tool in Retopo mode done.

• Advanced Member
Ahh, Muscles is reminiscent of when I saw in the zspheres 2 video. Very tricky. ;)

good one... :rofl:

It's a modification of the spike tool...with kinda different shape. Not too useful for me because of difficulty to achieve exact movement and positioning. Would be great if the tool would have some kind of surface detection to put the strokes upon exissting objects easily like the toothpaste tool. This is very cool and handy...Have you tried to subtract a toothpaste stroke? Gives some nice results...

Thx again Andrew!

good one... :rofl:

It's a modification of the spike tool...with kinda different shape. Not too useful for me because of difficulty to achieve exact movement and positioning. Would be great if the tool would have some kind of surface detection to put the strokes upon exissting objects easily like the toothpaste tool. This is very cool and handy...Have you tried to subtract a toothpaste stroke? Gives some nice results...

Thx again Andrew!

I can easily add checker "Stick to ground" as in toothpaste tool.

Btw, question to all - is "Toothpaste" good name? If no, offer suggestions.

• Advanced Member

Andrew,

Just tried the muscle tool and it should be quite handy... 1 thing you might consider is adjusting the

'Fill' tool so that it more quickly fills. Even at 100% it's 'strength' to filling seems tedious...or allow us

to 'overdrive' the amount above 100% so we can rapidly fill our muscles! :D

Please do...and maybe "Stick to Surface" (or Normals) is more appropriate?

Another great update! :)

post-475-1251824493_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Btw, question to all - is "Toothpaste" good name? If no, offer suggestions.

Yes, stick to ground checker would be do the job! Thx...

Toothpaste is a perfect name....

• Contributor

It is funny you made those tools because -this week- I was experimenting making basemeshes with snake tool and I thought it had great potential because it felt more natural and faster than using voxel curves.

And just when I start to get the hang of it. :mellow:

You release 2 fantastic tools that does it with more control. :blink:

Very good tools indeed!

Snapping to surface on muscle tool will make it even more powerfull.

I also like the name "toothpaste" .:)

• Applink Developer

I like both tools. With Toothpaste it quite easy to get nice smooth to beginning but it's harder to get smooth to end of toothpaste. In some cases it would be nice if it can keep the toothpaste shape better.

But like I said these are nice additions to 3d-coat.

• Advanced Member
Andrew,

Just tried the muscle tool and it should be quite handy... 1 thing you might consider is adjusting the

'Fill' tool so that it more quickly fills. Even at 100% it's 'strength' to filling seems tedious...or allow us

to 'overdrive' the amount above 100% so we can rapidly fill our muscles! :D

Please do...and maybe "Stick to Surface" (or Normals) is more appropriate?

Another great update! :)

you can push the strength of the fill tool to very big amounts...I mean there is no limit...