3DCoat Forums

Polypainting beta wips

digman

• Reputable Contributor

Statue sculpted (surface mode) in 3DCoat "details kept at a mimmim" and stone shader applied.

In this case of polypainting all I wanted was the rendered shader and one red type blood streak.

The rest of the painting was done in TB except the stone shader.

What I like about polypainting is that I am able to include 3D elements in 2D work without having to retopo,uv and bake. This just increases my range of artistic work I can do. It does not mean I will not do the other but now I have a choice.

Even though he is stone, the painted eyes make him look somewhat alive, I liked the effect..

post-518-0-00089000-1326342968_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Statue sculpted (surface mode) in 3DCoat "details kept at a mimmim" and stone shader applied.

In this case of polypainting all I wanted was the rendered shader and one red type blood streak.

The rest of the painting was done in TB except the stone shader.

What I like about polypainting is that I am able to include 3D elements in 2D work without having to retopo,uv and bake. This just increases my range of artistic work I can do. It does not mean I will not do the other but now I have a choice.

Even though he is stone, the painted eyes make him look somewhat alive, I liked the effect..

TB?

• 1 month later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Imported image as mesh in grayscale. Painted in 3DCoat (vertex colors) with voxel work for relief depth.

Rendered in 3DCoat with 3 lights...

Titled:

Priestess with Mask...

post-518-0-73864500-1332470457_thumb.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks for the comments all.

Exploring using a photo as a base mesh (image as mesh import) Relief work in surface mode plus polypainting and some work in Twistedbrush.

I changed the lighting and adjusted facial features of the photo for effect.

Rendered in 3DCoat with 4 Lights.

post-518-0-37701300-1332867490_thumb.jpg