3DCoat Forums
  1. General

1. Announcements

This area contains official announcements from the Pilgway team

3. New Releases, Bugs Reports & Development Discussion

This is a section of the forum specifically for final and beta releases and discussing new developments. Also to report any new bug found.

1. General 3DCoat

Discussions related to 3DCoat, and also share ideas for improving the program.

SDK, scripts & plugins development. If you want to create or share custom scripts & plugin(s) for 3DCoat, you can find the information here to do so.

3. SOS! If you need urgent help for 3DCoat

Any urgent matter that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible

1. CG & Hardware Discussion

CG meeting area. General Discussion, News, films, games discussions, etc.

Have a Brush, Stencils, Smart Materials, Shaders, Extension, etc. you'd like to share ?
      Post it here !

1. 264

• AI is fascinating and I solve 95 % of my questions about 3D programs functionality from Bing CoPilot but I don't think it's worthwhile for 3D Coat to start building bridges to it unless that can be done with great ease and simplicity for the developpers.  I haven't gotten around to UE5 yet (but I will) and so I'm not sure about the process for  moving 3d Coat work to UE5, but I would rank that linkup a much higher priority than any AI image generator.  Frankly I'm not that crazy about any medium for visual arts that doesn't involve any fundamental knowledge of human or animal anatomy or learning about how real world things are structured be they geographical, plant life, mechanical or architectural.   Stable diffusion is sort of the death of the artist, not a new exciting tool.
    • what you make in stable diffusion ... you can make anywhere ...  master the art of painting if youre going for stylized master that ... dont use ai trust me
    • It exist because they add convenience, ease of use and interaction in between apps that is not possible otherwise. For a feature request to be effective, you have to explain in detail how it benefits the development team to use their time to create the new tool with clear step-by-step examples of use. Also for legal reasons, we cannot add tools that use images that have copyrights as a data source.
    • I then can ask why do we have plugins like Blender to 3DC Exchange when I can export the model from Blender as an OBJ or FBX and import it into 3DC ? Or the 3DC send to Photoshop? When I could export from Blender and then import into Photoshop? How about convenience? As it that not the reason for Blender to 3DC Exchange?
    • Sorry but still I cant understand the workflow. If you can upload the mesh into the free app StableProjectorZ to camera mapping generated AI textures,  Then - if necessary - load the textures in 3DC to paint finetunning. How exactly would the plugin work ?
    • Texturing 3D with StableProjectorz    
    • Sphere tool may not change depth of spheres. Speres remain spheres. If need to vary radius/depth independently, use 2d paint.
    • 谢谢  Now here is the video I recorded of my question 1711119739500.mp4
    • CPU/GPU/AIO/SSD Cooler: The DeepCool AK620 Digital CPU Cooler Review- Big, Heavy, and Lit - AnandTech. Headset/Earbuds: FATFrequency Scarlet Mini In-Ear Monitors Review - Basshead Dream! - TechPowerUp. Router: Ubiquiti UniFi U7 Pro Ceiling-Mounted Wi-Fi 7 Access Point - TweakTown. SSD: PNY CS3150 SSD Review- Actively Cooled, Gen5 Storage With RGB - HotHardware. Case: Cooler Master TD500 MAX Case Review - ThinkComputers.org. Graphics Card: Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 GRE Review- The Best RX 7900 GRE Graphics Card- - ThePCEnthusiast. Monitor/Projector: Cooler Master Tempest GP2711 Gaming Monitor Review - 1440p at 160Hz for $449 - TweakTown. Monitor/Projector: BenQ’s PD3420Q review- An ultrawide that works too hard - PCWorld. Monitor/Projector: Samsung QN95D hands-on review: a worthy QD-OLED rival? - What Hi-Fi? PSU: Montech Titan Gold 1000W ATX 3.0 Power Supply Unit - Nikk Tech. RAM: ANACOMDA Eryx Tataricus RGB 4x16GB DDR5 6000MHz Memory Setup - Mad Shrimps. Router: TRENDnet TEW-925DAP AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 PoE+ Access Point - TweakTown. Speakers/Soundbar: Creative Pebble X Plus Review - TechPowerUp.
    • Please post an example of a tiled texture generated by you that is useful (with text prompt). And What would be the difference in the process to generate the texture outside of 3DCoat and use it inside 3dcoat ? Or have a plugin within 3DCoat that generate the texture outside of 3DCoat and use it inside 3dcoat ?
    • Hello everyone, As a new member, I have the following queries. We eagerly await your reply.                                                                                                  drive mad 2 1. Is it possible for me to import models into Zbrush straight from the official GoZ for 3d Coat? 2. I'm new to 3ds Max and I'm trying to figure out how to make armor for this troll in the manner of the Lord of the Rings. I imported the base model using GoZ from Zbrush. Thanks in advance!!!
    • Procedural generation is better at textures right now anyway, stable diffusion 3 might change that
    • only place where ai is actually useful is texture generation ... other than that its useless 
    • Fill with eraser work over color, not freeze.