3DCoat Forums

New Mantis Project added v4.1

Well seems you already added them, so checked for some other related issues and found that some (but not all) mantis reports are missing the "add" button and menu items for relationships. Example:

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1267

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1247

Could you check it again please? Actually it should work. Here is all right. I have no problems.

Please post a screenshot if the problem appear again.

Thank you

Chris

Yea its still there. I've tried it in a few different browsers too including Firefox (30.0 and 31.0), Chrome, and Internet Explorer.

Here's a screenshot in Windows7 on Firefox (browser window shrunk for convenience sake, not running on a mobile or anything like that):

T5PENae.jpg

Edited by PolyHertz

• 2 weeks later...

Any time I try and set an issue to resolved it gives an eror saying "You did not have appropriate permissions to perform that action.". This happens when using the check box next to the issue and then at the bottom of the page going to "update status". If I go into the issue itself there's a dropdown menu that allows the status to be changed to closed, but if the issues been resolved it makes more sense to set it to that...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I export a model that was sculpted in surface mode (usually at a fairly high poly count, say 10 million), and open it up in zbrush, there are some 'exploding' verts that are connected to other random parts of the model.  It seems like an export bug, not really sure what is causing it, but wanted to attention to it, see if anyone else is having this issue.

-j

Hey jdoublej,

Make sure that before you export that there are no floating/disconnected pieces of geometry in the scene. Your description make me think that there may be.

One way to remove that stuff is with the cutoff tool with a lasso mode.

well, i can't be absolutely certain that its one piece, because 3d coat seems to get stuck processing when i choose to 'seperate disconnected pieces.'  I dont see any floating bits or anything seperate, but like i said, the function to seperate doesn't work.  The oddly welded vertices in zbrush are connected to visible parts of the character, not flying off screen to some unseen and undeleted island.  Wish I knew how to post a photo, i'd just show you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having an issue with the snapping in the retopo room.  I have many layers with different surface sculpts in them.  There seems to be an issue with how 3d coat is choosing to snap.  If i have multiple layers (like subtools) i can't get an accurate snap (very often it might snap to the undermost layer or on a single object it will fail to recognize the outermost surface), even if I try all the auto snap options.  If anyone has any insight or suggestions on this matter that would be great.  thanks.

-j