3DCoat Forums

Maxon Cinema4D Applink

sshadows

• Contributor

Hi all!

I created repository on GitHub https://github.com/sshumihin/3DCoat_Applinks/tree/master/Applink_Cinema4D.

There are plugins  and source code for Win and Mac by Cinema version.

Usage:
Unzip zip, install, enjoy.

Video tutorial on Vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/19510449.

Svyatoslav S.

Note:

This seems to have an updated applink for R17: https://github.com/sshumihin/3DCoat_Applinks/tree/master/Applink_Cinema4D

On 1/18/2014 at 11:19 AM, Decade said:

You don't need to do anything as drastic as move your Cinema 4D program folder.

Cinema 4D has 2 possible locations for plugin install : In the program files 'plugins' folder & in the user's 'plugins' folder.

Just open Cinema 4D's preferences from Edit > Preferences.

In the bottom left of the window is a button that says 'Open preferences folder'. I like to create a desktop shortcut to this folder.

Move the App-link folder into the 'Plugins' folder you find here. Then you won't have problems any more.

In general, you should always try to install your plugins here not in the programs folder, unless you're specifically instructed otherwise.

- If the "Import From 3D-Coat" feature doesn't work:

Going to File>Open in Original App and in C4D clicking on "Import From 3D-Coat", does work.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Contributor

Hi all!

Now, i made plugin for C4D R12 on Windows(32/64). For a while... Later, i will compile for R11. Installer include.

Usage:

Unzip zip, install, enjoy.

Video tutorial on Vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/19510449.

A new version of the Applink for Cinema4D R13 available. Only for Windows 32/64.

Added two features for Exporter:

- checkbox "Skip Import Dialog" (allows to skip 3D-Coat import dialog, default options will be used);

- checkbox "Skip Export Dialog" (allows to skip 3D-Coat export dialog. Previous settings will be used);

Have a nice day.

ApplinkCinema4DR13win_v1.00.zip

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm playing with the v4 demo and I am also running cinema 4d r14. I installed the latest applink from this thread but when I then click the Export to 3D Coat button and then go into 3d coat, nothing shows up. In the script console in c4d I don't see any errors. Has anyone else gotten this applink to work with 3d coat 4 and c4d 14? Thanks.

Thanks for the help. I'm not sure if that did it or if it was the fact that I might not have actually had the mesh selected before hitting export... lol. I updated my prefs and tried to export again but nothing. Then I realized I didn't have the mesh selected. Anyway, now it's importing but the applink video for c4d doesn't show dropping a voxel object, only pixel painting and I'm getting some odd results. Please see this video to see what I'm running into. Notice that each side of the cube has these lines that don't exist on the original cube and around the edges it looks like they're doubled. Why is this happening? Thanks.

Thanks for the help. I'm not sure if that did it or if it was the fact that I might not have actually had the mesh selected before hitting export... lol. I updated my prefs and tried to export again but nothing. Then I realized I didn't have the mesh selected. Anyway, now it's importing but the applink video for c4d doesn't show dropping a voxel object, only pixel painting and I'm getting some odd results. Please see this video to see what I'm running into. Notice that each side of the cube has these lines that don't exist on the original cube and around the edges it looks like they're doubled. Why is this happening? Thanks.

It is not plugin problem. Once I seen such problem for one user, but I never was able to reproduce it. Try to turn CUDA off in voxels menu and try again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I was hoping that the C4d applink would help speed up my dev time but I just get an error when I try to run it. See pic.

It doesn't look like there is a preference.ini file at that location. I tried re-installing it but I just get the same.

Any ideas?

post-37556-0-42068400-1389707365_thumb.p

• Advanced Member

move your c4d install to a folder outside of program files.

i have in e:\soft\cinema4d.

unless you run it as admin programs ussually have strict rules about writing stuff into the program files folder.

but unfortunately in my experience the applink isn't very reliable. It seems to work once per launch. And that's it. If i want to move stuff back and forward it doesnt seem to like doing that.

but i need to experiment more and make a video about my problems..

You don't need to do anything as drastic as move your Cinema 4D program folder.

Cinema 4D has 2 possible locations for plugin install : In the program files 'plugins' folder & in the user's 'plugins' folder.

Just open Cinema 4D's preferences from Edit > Preferences.

In the bottom left of the window is a button that says 'Open preferences folder'. I like to create a desktop shortcut to this folder.

Move the App-link folder into the 'Plugins' folder you find here. Then you won't have problems any more.

In general, you should always try to install your plugins here not in the programs folder, unless you're specifically instructed otherwise.

I think it's a bit silly the App-link installer defaults to the plugins folder, knowing that most modern operating systems restrict permissions on this folder.

Anyway, I must say the App-link is very nice otherwise, thanks to the coder for the work they put in, & the R15 support.

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

yeah, sorry that's also an option.

for me i prefer to have my c4d folder on a secondary drive because if my main drive fails or i need to re-install my OS. c4d is left in tact for the most part.

• Reputable Contributor

Why not post questions about the C4D Applink in the....dedicated C4D Applink thread? Nobody responding there? Whoever develops them will be checking that thread...and this one will get buried down the list, among others, in a few days. Can a moderator please move this, so if someone else comes across the same problem, the solution can be more easily found?

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7574

Edited by AbnRanger
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Im having no luck with 4.0.17 and the latest version of c4d R15. When i want to bring over a mesh into a voxel layer. It just makes a new layer and shows the axis bands of the primitive tool. But no actual mesh :(

i got it set to the correct app. if i close 3d coat it opens 3d coat. But doesnt bring anything in

if i choose "per pixel painting" i just get the 3d coat intro window opening.

exporting to perform uv unwraping asks me if i want to merge or open a new scene. choosing either results in nothing.

also trying this with 4.0.0.4B and same results.

Edited by Aleksey