3DCoat Forums

Arion Render 50% off Christmas Holiday sale

AbnRanger

• Reputable Contributor

This render is nearly identical to Thea in terms of features, and has a 3ds Max plugin. It even has a few features even Thea doesn't (support for Hair and more render channels, mainly).

http://randomcontrol.com/blog/piracy-armistice/

http://www.randomcontrol.com/arion-for-3dsmax

• Reputable Contributor

yeah, but no cinema4d support for me =(

True. to some degree, I actually like the fact that they haven't tried to plug into so many different apps. I think it makes the ones it does support less integrated. Knowing that most of their focus is on making it work rock solid in 3ds Max (which is what I use), it appeals to me a bit more than Thea. I can see it because it supports hair and a few other things Thea still does not. Been testing it all morning, and I really like it. Can make interactive changes to SSS without any hiccups

But if they want more sales, they do need to branch out a bit more (probably C4D and Maya)

• Advanced Member

yeah, i agree it would be nice if someone made a dedicated c4d gpu renderer which supports all its features, but small steps i guess =)

Thea's roadmap indicates there should be hair support in 1.6. and we should get particles in 1.5. So not so far.