3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.7 updates thread

• Advanced Member

recorded a small video... btw, the model is a retopo from voxels using Ptex.. (only one Ptex UV space)

http://screencast.com/t/X6DwUOLPEz0X

sorry to quote myself, but is there a fix planned...? This is a rather big issue...

EDIT / I tested the same object with version 3.2.03, and the clone tool works perefctly and unlike 3.7.11b (which takes at least 2 min. ), when clicking the clone tool , it activates almost instantly.. so yes it is a bug.. at least looks like..

• Contributor

Not sure if this is something anyone else is noticing or if its a feature and not a bug but I've noticed that when I switch over to surface mode and do some sculpting then increase the resolution of the layer in the vox tree I lose all my sculpting from the surface tools?

To increase res in Surface mode do not use Inc Res button,instead use Resample option from voxel menu.

It is slower tough,on multimillion mesh it might take 2 or 3 minutes.

• Contributor

Also in that respect a toggle would be nice. B8kitano what about either flat shade or smooth shade with showing wire that would work best no? I find it most useful viewport shader in SI. I suggest cos we already have it in the paint room.

Icons for every tool? That's awesome. I don't like text buttons, because I always have to "search" for some tools. And that's after half a year of working with 3D-Coat nearly every day.

The only problem I have with the text buttons is that sometimes they move when new features are added and I'm used to it being in a certain place, then it's not there anymore. But the same thing would happen with icons too, even if I could remember what tool the icon was for.

The only problem I have with the text buttons is that sometimes they move when new features are added and I'm used to it being in a certain place, then it's not there anymore. But the same thing would happen with icons too, even if I could remember what tool the icon was for.

The best way to solve that would be to have a truly fully customizable UI wherein the user could place tools in a custom panel. Problem=Solved.

• Advanced Member

Yeah every program has a toolbox, branch, dropdown menu that's customizable with drag and drop.

I much prefer text for the most part since using a lot of appz it can get confusing with icons on all appz not being identical.

Sorry for doubleposting (I opened a thread in "Painting mode bugs"), but I think it's a serious bug/broken function. And since it came up with the latest versions, I want to ask here as well:

Painting in the texture uv editor seems to be broken with the 3.7.11 versions.

In 3.7.10A it works well.

Can anyone confirm this?

Is this a bug or normal behavior? (i'm new and still learning...)

Steps to reproduce...

1. New Voxel Scene...start with cube

2. Add cube (press enter)

3. Switch to transform tool

4. Scale cube

5. Swith to Primatives...select Sphere

6. (move) and Add Sphere

*Sphere is added deformed (Bug?)

7. Select any other Primative

8. Add, they are correct (in Pic I used Cone for example)

Inset Pic..

I went back to transform and "reset space"

*Cube and Sphere are back and cone is deformed

It seems the layer keeps some kind of transform internal (which adding spheres doesn't use)

anyway to make a transform action "stick" and make it the normal space?

*I can work around this by making the sphere into a new layer...then move to the cube layer

*the issue only seems to be with spheres...other types seem to work even after the cube is transformed

coatq.jpg

• Contributor

Bocs, If we right click the volume in the Voxtree you will find an option 'to global scale' Perform this every time after sizable scaling operation to resample back to global scale before adding new volume. usually we can see if its needed by the way the shader is lit. Basically the Volume keeps it Voxel scale and it the scaled Voxel scale that causes these problems, Though to be fair the instance where we have three primative in this way is few its handy to know.

Bocs, If we right click the volume in the Voxtree you will find an option 'to global scale' Perform this every time after sizable scaling operation to resample back to global scale before adding new volume. usually we can see if its needed by the way the shader is lit. Basically the Volume keeps it Voxel scale and it the scaled Voxel scale that causes these problems, Though to be fair the instance where we have three primitive in this way is few its handy to know.

Another thing to look out for that resting the global scale of a volume can take care of is Boolean operations. If your trying to subtract volumes from one another and the results are all borked resetting the global scale should get things back to predictable behaviors.

Updated 3.7.12D

This is very first beta with updated UI. Thank to LJB for developing icons and UI elements!

A lot of changes in UI

- new iconic UI with possibility to switch iconic/text style

- new quick panel (SPACE). There are local hotkeys and Quick Access bar, drag&drop.

- essentially updated presets system

- new scrollers, drag window contence with lmb, rmb or mmb.

- new tabbed preferences window

- more pretty general UI style

Other changes:

- fixed bug http://t.co/BaQ11qiM

- There is new possibility to send big files to support in Help menu - "Send file to support".

- Little view adjustment - corresponding axis length, storing grid and axis settings, possibility to turn off some axis view.

- Path tool updated, now every click adds point.

- a lot of smaller bugs fixed