3DCoat Forums

Texturing Homeless man (mild nudity)

ab3d

This is a character i started a long time ago and never finished off. I am using 3dc to paint diffuse and probably specular but we will see how that goes later.

Everything is being painted by hand. He is using 8 x 4k texture maps. I bought the upgrade to do this in linux but performance doesn't match windows unfortunately :(

Right now i am just blocking out.

Here are a render from Houdini and a screenshot from 3DC.

body_v001.jpg

Base_Linux_Col_1Mil_005.3b.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for the kind words. I am still in the roughing out stages. As i said in the original posts there are many tiles (a film worthy amount ) so i have to keep my layers limited. Once i have the base done i will more on to specific features and details.

Here is an update on the chest

texture_002.jpg

Like it so far,

Is that modelled within 3DC?

"no detail just yet"! I am really curious to see what you could possibly mean. Great face, BTW.

Thanks. As for the detail, just wait 'n see. In short, there is lot's of it coming. 

Like it so far,

Is that modelled within 3DC?

Cheers, unfortunately the model was made with other apps, iam merely using 3dc for texturing at the moment. I am pretty new to the program. 

I did some more work on it last night. Didnt get a chance over the weekend :(. Here is a shot of all the texture maps that make up the colour. 8 maps @ 4k.

baseCol.jpg

If you change the "s912" portion of the image link to "s2922" you can take a higher resoultion look at the maps. Right now all that needs to be done for the base to be complete is the hands, insides of the eyes and mouth and finally the face (lips need to be redone).

Here is a lil update.

After  do the face and make a few modeling changes i will use the bump and disp to modulate the color map, paint a few details like liver spots/veins/other blemishes and then do the spec.

baseColph3_Bod_001.jpg

Here is a shot of the chest with some warm/cool lighting. Again no spec map.

baseColph3_chest_001.jpgbaseColph3_chest_002.jpg

Edited by ab3d
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Where the eyelids are very detailed like yours, I can see that being closed will help in retopologizing.

I have already done the topology process, but when i did i made sure the eyes were close. 

Here is the base geometry, (i did a quick blendshape test at the time).

morph_Test_TN.jpg

morph_TestWireTN.jpg

I have been working on the spec map. A lot of corrections needed. Also just for kicks here is a look at the high frequency detail on the geo.

body_v002.jpg

face_v007_disp.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Kath

I finished off the spec for the face and body. Here is a screenshot of the face spec map. 

And i also did a few blendshape tests (just a few FACS based combos). As always would be happy to know what you think. 

skinBlendshapeTest.jpg

specFace.jpg

Edited by ab3d
  • Like 1

Unfortunately no :(

I am still getting used to 3D-Coat in that respect. I initally bought 3DC just for personal texturing project as i think something like Mari is overkill for personal uses and i feel it was worth it. But i am dabbling more in the voxel room as its hard sculpting tool are very impressive. 

Zbrush at the moment is still very convenient for organic poly modelling/manipulation. 

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Contributor

While looking for good SSS shader for Houdini, I just accidentally stumbled upon your thread on ODForce. Damn good work! I wish you kept us more up to date here, even if you're currently at the stage that involves little or no 3D-Coat at all. :)