3DCoat Forums

Voxel import obj with multiple objects with each object on seperat voxel layer

bisenberger

• Advanced Member

Imported/ merged objects as separate surface object instances is already available

3DCoat imports meshes with groups/polygroups/parts etc as a nested volume but will not export the modified components out as one unified mesh with separate components, each must in turn be separated out from the nested group and exported individually which is a great shame production wise. At least for me that is the case I have had no luck exporting the nested volume.

Ah I see AbRanger has already replied before I'd even posted

To be able to export a nested surface object

+1

post-2166-0-96287800-1329131873_thumb.pn

• Advanced Member
Do you mean export directly from the Voxel Room? Haven't tried that, but if you retopo and merge to the Paint Room, thenexport, all objects in the scene get exported as one OBJ file.

AbnRanger yes I had attempted to export from the Voxel room after using liveclay to poly reduce on a per layer basis.

• Reputable Contributor

AbnRanger yes I had attempted to export from the Voxel room after using liveclay to poly reduce on a per layer basis.

For now, you will probably have to right-click each layer and export them as separate files. Then in an external program import them into the scene and do whatever merging/grouping operation you need at that stage.

• 3 years later...

This thread helped me more than anything else. Import as Child being the new 'Separate Volumes' threw me for a loop. I'm wondering...when I change from the Sculpt room to the Retopo room, my mesh looks blown apart versus having my original HP model. Any idea as to what's going on?

http://imgur.com/a/7iHY7

This is the album that has the two shots; the normal looking one has my model in the Sculpt room with the Volume 4 layer turned off...the other is what my model looks like in the Retop room. I'm sure I'm just missing a checkbox/option somewhere. Anyways, help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!