3DCoat Forums

I know this is probably a silly question. But would an android version ever be considered?

I wouldn't have ever considered it either untill I bought a samsung galacy note 10.1.

The presure sensitive stylus it comes with would make it perfect for sculpting and painting. I've considered getting a windows tablet, but they are almost twice as expensive.

• Reputable Contributor

I know this is probably a silly question. But would an android version ever be considered?

I wouldn't have ever considered it either untill I bought a samsung galacy note 10.1.

The presure sensitive stylus it comes with would make it perfect for sculpting and painting. I've considered getting a windows tablet, but they are almost twice as expensive.

It has come up in conversations, but I doubt it. There are so many different tablet OS's that it would be a nightmare trying to make everyone happy, and frankly I think 3D Coat is more of a tank...far too resource hungry to be all that effective on a tablet. If there were a bigger staff, I could see a stripped down, lighter version, but with only Andrew pulling the levers and cranking the wheels, I doubt he has time to maintain a 2nd app.

Hi,

Yeah I knew it wasn't likely that an android version was in the offing. But I thought id ask.

I have given some thought to getting a windows tablet. But the ones that run a full version of windows, are still way too expencive for what you get. Maybe the next generayion of windows tabs will be more practical.