3DCoat Forums

Missing Polygon problem

philnolan3d

This one's a head scratcher for me. I retopo'd my model, sent it to the paint room as started texturing, even cleared out the voxels. Then I saw it, a missing polygon. Must have somehow missed it when I did the retopo. It's easy enough to make a polygon, but how to get it into my model in the painting room? I tried Export UV, then fixing the missing poly in LightWave, then Import UV, but it won't accept the fixed model. It's not very visible so worst case scenario I just leave it, then fix it later after export and try to match the texture in Photoshop or something.

2010-11-24_1611.png

• Reputable Contributor

Try the new feature "import vertices positions" under the file/import menu in the paint room. As long as the fixed model has the same name as the paint room model it should update the model in the paint room without destroying the uv map. Hopefully this will work for you. Worth a try.

P.S. I would test it myself but hunger pains are calling very loudly right now... :D