3DCoat Forums

v4.5 - Can't paint depth?

Hessel

Go to solution Solved by Tony Nemo,

Hello,

I am a relatively new user to 3DCoat, but I am having difficulties with version 4.5.

In version 4, I can easily paint depth with the paintbrush tool. For example, I could select a texture/stencil, adjust my depth, and build normal maps.

However, in version 4.5, I can no longer seem to paint depth at all. At any depth setting, no depth appears whatsoever.

I'm not sure if I am just not pressing the right buttons or what, but I was unable to find help for this topic on the forum.

This is a very frustrating issue, and I really appreciate any help to solve this problem!

Thank you!

- Cory

• Contributor
  • Solution

Depth, color and gloss can all be turned off  Look for this icon near the top of your display:

post-1430-0-00615700-1436309971_thumb.pn

The blue one on the left is displacement and the right is gloss. The one in the middle is color They can be toggled on and off.

Edited by Tony Nemo
  • Like 1

Depth, color and gloss can all be turned off  Look for this icon near the top of your display:

attachicon.gif2015-07-07_1544.png

The blue one on the left is displacement and the right is gloss. The one in the middle is color They can be toggled on and off.

That was it!!! I feel kind of dumb for not noticing that button.. lol.. Thank you so much for your help!!

Thank you too, kevjon, for your contribution!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just getting started today, and my only mission is to edit NORMAL MAP, DISPLACEMENT MAP, and OPACITY MAP. I'm not getting the results I expect. Is there a tutorial that focuses on painting, layers, and settings for these functions?

Thank you!

• Advanced Member

I had a similar issue, the normal map could not be modified.  I saved the file and restarted 3D-Coat and it started working again.  ??  It hasn't happened again so I'm not sure what the problem was?