3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.2 updates thread.

I just started using a Mac keyboard for my pc laptop. Is there a way to assign the right command key as ctrl in 3DC? I'm left handed and the keyboard doesn't have a ctrl button on the right hand side. I tried to find an option to customize this but couldn't find one. If there is an option can someone point me to it. If not, Andrew, can you add an option? Might not matter for me soon enough as I might switch it over to Mac but there might be others as well with this minor issue. Thanks.

• Advanced Member

I just started using a Mac keyboard for my pc laptop. Is there a way to assign the right command key as ctrl in 3DC? I'm left handed and the keyboard doesn't have a ctrl button on the right hand side. I tried to find an option to customize this but couldn't find one. If there is an option can someone point me to it. If not, Andrew, can you add an option? Might not matter for me soon enough as I might switch it over to Mac but there might be others as well with this minor issue. Thanks.

On a Mac, you can do almost anything with this HID driver (for keyboards, mice, etc.)

http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/

After Logitech drivers crashed my MacPro, I found these, and have never looked back.

I added keyboard modifiers to all my Mx Revolution mouse buttons.

I just wish I could find a driver like this for Windows.

• Advanced Member

Thanks 3DCoatWannabe

I've never heard of controllermate!!! friggin awesome driver SW

Yeah, I couldn't believe I'd never heard of it either as I'm on a lot of boards.

A nodal driver system, better than anything on the PC (and I use a PC for my main platform), and it wasn't even being discussed on the forums I read.

I've had zero problems with it, and it does a lot more than I could quickly describe.

Problem is, now I want the same functionality on the PC, and I don't think it exists!

On a Mac, you can do almost anything with this HID driver (for keyboards, mice, etc.)

http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/

After Logitech drivers crashed my MacPro, I found these, and have never looked back.

I added keyboard modifiers to all my Mx Revolution mouse buttons.

I just wish I could find a driver like this for Windows.

Thanks 3dCoatWannabe. That's pretty cool. Like you said I'll have to find something on the PC like that.

• Reputable Contributor

Anybody else having symmetry plane issues with this build (3.2.03 Win 64 wCUDA)? Every once in a while, in recent builds I would get this...but hitting "Reset Symmetry Plane" would usually correct it, or turning it off then on. No such luck this time. The symmetry plane no longer spans the length of the model, but just a tiny segment of it. I still wonder if we'll ever have the ability to rotate, scale and move the symmetry plane...

• Advanced Member

Anybody else having symmetry plane issues with this build (3.2.03 Win 64 wCUDA)? Every once in a while, in recent builds I would get this...but hitting "Reset Symmetry Plane" would usually correct it, or turning it off then on. No such luck this time. The symmetry plane no longer spans the length of the model, but just a tiny segment of it. I still wonder if we'll ever have the ability to rotate, scale and move the symmetry plane...

wish I could test 3.2.03 on OSX, but still only a windows build.

"The symmetry plane no longer spans the length of the model, but just a tiny segment of it. I still wonder if we'll ever have the ability to rotate, scale and move the symmetry plane..." I'm hoping for the same thing!!! I really need the ability to rotate/move the symmetry plane. Preferably the ability to save a symmetry plane position/rotation/scale with a bookmark system like the "control+up arrow" system for the camera. The ability to store and cycle through saved symmetry plane transforms would save me hours of frustration and importing/exporting, reorienting work, please please please.

I can't see if you have any other Vox Tree layers. If you do, try selecting a different one. Or maybe try creating another one and selecting them then going back to this one.

• Reputable Contributor

I can't see if you have any other Vox Tree layers. If you do, try selecting a different one. Or maybe try creating another one and selecting them then going back to this one.

Thanks Phil...that was the issue. A separate (empty) layer was selected. Sometimes, as I mentioned, I find funny behavior from the symmetry plane that usually is resolved by hitting "Reset Symmetry Plane," but in this case I should've looked at the layers first.

• Advanced Member

ifxs,

perhaps you could also place your symmetry plane wishes in the 'feature requests'

section so it doesn't get lost and Andrew has a good idea of what you need. ;)

definitely, I wonder if AbnRanger hasn't already beaten me to it, or the good number of other 3D Coat users who have posted regarding this feature on the forums.

Thanks Andrew!!! :-) Hope your new flat is a grand one, hope you have a nice weekend in your new surroundings.

Thanks!

The issue is that all is in the middle - progress bar of all buying stuff is on 75-80%. So often need to run at different places to find solutions of different problems - for example - how to get rest money :) Good that all that questions have solutions, but sometimes they are not trivial and require complex decisions.

I hope it will be finished soon enough.

Hi all New hear n you can call me Stain Corb.

I have a big proble I found out resently about Ptex and think its my alternative to my next level in character modeling and animation.

As you can see in the images my problem is that wen I import a model it looks good in only a texture of 2048, the default in what it imports it. So if I change this to hi or lower I get the results as displayed in images, Am I the first person to get this is this cose of my comp, am I doing something wrong ?. and I get this no mater what I import.

Sorry for bad spelling ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------

www.stainarts.com

post-2458-12662565340791_thumb.jpg

post-2458-12662565544533_thumb.jpg

post-2458-12662565815341_thumb.jpg

post-2458-12662566003509_thumb.jpg

post-2458-12662566205303_thumb.jpg

If he's just in the painting room I don't see how an open mesh would be a problem. I've done lots of painting on open meshes (like my starfighter on the texturing page of the 3DC site). A few other people have mentioned problems with Ptex when used with sizes other than 2048 and I believe Andrew said he would fix it. I just loaded up the dino model for Ptex and then reduced the image size to 512 and found problems. Not quite the same looking, but problems.