3DCoat Forums

Steam "pro" version

Bohrium

Go to solution Solved by Bohrium,

Hello,

I've been looking into finding a solution for texture painting for my game development needs and I came across this lovely piece of software. I was immediately impressed and I'm thinking about purchasing. However, I am somewhat confused between the website here and the version available on steam. I see very little if any difference between the trial versions I downloaded from on here or on steam. But there is a great discrepancy in pricing. On this site it says 379$+20% VAT, which equates to around 400 euros. And steam lists the price as 290€ for me. Both of them say that they're commercial licenses and version 4.5 when I start them up. Are there any actual differences between them? Or is that just down to regional pricing differences?

• Contributor

You are correct and congrats for searching this up as indeed it was discussed a couple days back.

Welcome to the community , 3d Coat is one of the best sculpt / painting  / retopo software out there , you will enjoy this to the max a bit more.