3DCoat Forums

Help please! AUTOPO normal map won't work

excon

First I'd like to thank Pilgway team for making this awesome software!

I created a zombie head, after I go through "AUTOPO for per pixel", there is no BakedOcclusion layer, the normalmap have no effect on the model. It's been very frustrating trying to figure out what's wrong.

I also made a human head, which everything worked just fine. if anyone knows the problem, please let me know, thanks!

post-38086-0-55020600-1386747466_thumb.p

Hi there,

When you're using the autopo wizard for per pixel, did you choose to bake occlusion? Do you have a screenshot of your autopo mesh in the retopo room? Screenshot of the paint room too with the paint layers panel too, please.

Can you record a brief video, even if it is without audio? It can really be helpful to solve issues like this. Just a quick walk through of your process.

Thanks. :)

Hi there,

When you're using the autopo wizard for per pixel, did you choose to bake occlusion? Do you have a screenshot of your autopo mesh in the retopo room? Screenshot of the paint room too with the paint layers panel too, please.

Can you record a brief video, even if it is without audio? It can really be helpful to solve issues like this. Just a quick walk through of your process.

Thanks. :)

I fixed the issue by export the voxel as obj and then import it back, auto-resize it and there is no quaility loss.

Anyway, really thanks for the help. ^_^

I can't spot the difference between the "bugged" voxel and imported voxel, actually I don't think there is any difference at all. they work pretty much the same unitl I try to bake the maps. that's really weird. :wacko:

I fixed the issue by export the voxel as obj and then import it back, auto-resize it and there is no quaility loss.

Anyway, really thanks for the help. ^_^

I can't spot the difference between the "bugged" voxel and imported voxel, actually I don't think there is any difference at all. they work pretty much the same unitl I try to bake the maps. that's really weird. :wacko:

Hmm, yeah that is pretty weird. If you can upload the mesh, I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Ok, I went through the autopo process a few times, each time the occlusion map and normal map was present and worked OK for me. I did get a little bit of unwanted overly occluded areas, but other than that it went swimmingly. Could you post your OS, system specs and which build of 3DC you're using? Hopefully that will help narrow down what the problem is.

I might also suggest backing up your config files, deleting the used configs (not your backups), or just move them to another directory, then booting 3DC up again and trying the process again. Sometimes the configs can become corrupt for some reason and cause issues like this. Hopefully it is as simple as that. :)

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Studio 1558
BIOS: Ver 1.00 BIOS A11 PARTTBLr
Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU       Q 740  @ 1.73GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series

3D-COAT 4.0.04(DX64)

I removed my old configs(using newly generated default configs), end up with no luck. :o

I hope you'll find the information useful. and thank you for your time!