3DCoat Forums

Split tool boundaries

arumiat

Go to solution Solved by arumiat,

• Advanced Member

The split tool is giving me odd results all of a sudden, - there is too much & irregular overlap. I've tried changing the border width in the tool options but it has no benefit. How can I make it so that the split occurs exactly where I draw, or leaves a very small overlap?

Gif below

post-38412-0-81596200-1436030707_thumb.g

• Reputable Contributor

After doing a little testing, I was able to confirm that your finding is indeed a bug/problem, just as you described. Needs a Mantis report and it should include that there is a duplicate copy of the Split Border's parameter in the Tool Bar when the user is in Surface mode. What's more is, in Surface mode, there is no overlap, so having the Split Border Width parameter is like an all electric car with a gas tank installed...what's the purpose? :blink:

143606444378.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks. BTW, it doesn't overlap in Surface mode...and that's what you want. So, try using the tool in Surface mode, for now. I think it should be usuable in Surface mode, too...but it's just that the Split Border Width parameter doesn't do anything. Therefore the parameter shouldn't be available for Surface mode if Andrew doesn't want it to overlap like Voxel mode.

• Like 1