3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.1 released!

Thanks! A very cool and nice man named Klaus Nordby, and myself worked on it tirelessly. We are glad it is appreciated.

It is totally appreciated, Im going to print it this time. Just love to have a book in front of me while working on the program.

Thank you so much. :yahoo:

sorry, but, where can I find the new manual?

Install 3D Coat 3.1 and launch it ---> Help ---> 3D Coat Manual

You can also find the PDF inside the folder where you installed 3D Coat. ;)

• Advanced Member
Install 3D Coat 3.1 and launch it ---> Help ---> 3D Coat Manual

You can also find the PDF inside the folder where you installed 3D Coat. ;)

thanks cnob!

(I'm a stupid guy sometimes)

• Advanced Member

What do we do to upgrade the existing version on our system?!? I'm downloading now, but after that, do I just run the .exe and it takes care of itself or are there special instructions that need to be followed...

This is really an awesome program, and to be getting an update so fast. I just downloaded 3.0.8 and didnt even have time to install =)

What do we do to upgrade the existing version on our system?!? I'm downloading now, but after that, do I just run the .exe and it takes care of itself or are there special instructions that need to be followed...

This is really an awesome program, and to be getting an update so fast. I just downloaded 3.0.8 and didnt even have time to install =)

usually for the 3.0x updates i just overwrote the installed w the new verion.. and it workd fine..

but for the 3.1 i went ahead and uninstalled 3.0 and then installed 3.1.. but I guess it would work to just install 3.1 installer over 3.0

you will also need your serial # to reregister 3.1 when you start it up for first time (at least it asked me to)

THANKS ANDREW!!!

also thansk for fixing CARVE tool in gl cuda!! wow it works EXACTLY like I would expect it too .. if not better.. and its way FASTER to carve now too.. most VOXEL tools exept for INCREASE seem to run faster-- increase acctually runs slowly.. but will try to install nonCUDA n test since im gettign crash n hangups w v3.1 now..(posted in bug section)

Funny, I downloaded V.3.1 and I see, I don't have valid license. Haha, still never upgraded to V.3.0. Totally forgot about.

I guess when 3.0 came out I was also out - out of money! :)

Well, I just upgraded and updated and I am very impressed! Great work! :good:

• Advanced Member
THANKS ANDREW!!!

also thansk for fixing CARVE tool in gl cuda!! wow it works EXACTLY like I would expect it too .. if not better.. and its way FASTER to carve now too.. most VOXEL tools exept for INCREASE seem to run faster-- increase acctually runs slowly.. but will try to install nonCUDA n test since im gettign crash n hangups w v3.1 now..(posted in bug section)

wow i never noticed that carve does seem improved or am i imagining that?

I've done some sculpting and it seems a lot faster to me. Maybe the Beta was a little slower because of the state of the code or something? Or am I imagining this. There was a model that I had that had gotten to a resolution that I couldn't really sculpt on it anymore but now it's fine. This is great. And at resolutions lower than that it's smooth like butter.

• Advanced Member

I checked in the downloads section and I don't see the file to upgrade to ver 3.1... All I see is a link to download the demo....

Where can I find the upgrade?

Thanks kindly...

Ken

I checked in the downloads section and I don't see the file to upgrade to ver 3.1... All I see is a link to download the demo....

Where can I find the upgrade?

Thanks kindly...

Ken

The demo is also the upgrade. After installing put in your 3.0 serial and done!

• Advanced Member
usually for the 3.0x updates i just overwrote the installed w the new verion.. and it workd fine..

but for the 3.1 i went ahead and uninstalled 3.0 and then installed 3.1.. but I guess it would work to just install 3.1 installer over 3.0

you will also need your serial # to reregister 3.1 when you start it up for first time (at least it asked me to)

Thanks =D

• Advanced Member

Thanks you kindly for the response...and for your exceptional efforts devoted to 3DCoat....