3DCoat Forums

[SOLVED] how to move retopo mesh into UV room ?

kirkl

Go to solution Solved by Javis,

• Advanced Member

I have a hi-res model from zbrush and try to retopo and uv it in 3d coat.  I can do the first thing but then what should I do to get retopo mesh appearing in UV room?   I know I can do basic unwrap in retopo room itself  but waht if I need to edit UVs. Right now  only way I found is an export to othewr soft and then reimport back into 3dcoat.      Is it only way?

• Reputable Contributor

The UV tools in the Retopo Room are practically a mirror of those in the UV room. UV's on a model in the Paint room are to be edited in the UV room. UV's on a Retopo Mesh are done right inside that same workspace. The first part of this video helps to explain that a bit:

• Advanced Member

Perhaps I am doing something wrong but what I see in retopo room  are NOT a mirror of uv room , just a few basics.  I specifically can't find tools for selecting loops, rings  and making them straight or anything for moving points in uv manually .  

Edited by kirkl

• Advanced Member

In the Retopo room using the "Select" tool, you can choose verts, edges, and faces in the top bar. To move Vertices or edges, use the "Brush" tool or the "Move Vertices"  or the "Slide Edges" tThanks for the advise

Thanks for the advice but I still can't figure out how to select loops and make them straight in UVs ( cool feature in UV room) .   Also that select tool works very confusing, I am able to select anything except what I actually wanted. In the  UV preview window it selects only the hole island.     Looks like export/import  still much easier way. 

Edited by kirkl

Btw the UV tools are exactly the same in the Retopo Room and the UV Room, going to the UV room just to do that would get unnecessarily complicated very quickly. Stick to the Retopo Room and you'll be fine. :-)

• Solution

This post I'm quoting might help.

Hold the SHIFT key and click when using the UV seams selection tools. That will select a loop.

It will even give you a preview of the selection.

UV or Retopo Room>Mark Seams tool>Edge Mode (on the Top Bar)>

That's where All of these functions are:

Equidistant

Horizontal

Vertical

Edit: Double click an edge to select an edge loop while in the Mark Seams tool.

Edited by Javis
Edge Loops

ok, i can select loops and rings  but  how can I make them straight horizontal/vertical/equidistant now ?  I see those tools only active after I select "mark seams" and any previous loop selection disappears.

Follow the post I made above, use only the Mark Seams tool. Change to edge mode. OK, now you can use those functions, like I mentioned previous.

If you want to select an edge loop, double click the edge that is part of the loop you want.

That's all there is to it. :)