3DCoat Forums

Pixo's sketch book

pixo

• Reputable Contributor

i dont think that andrew reads all the threads B)

Exactly. That's why on this topic (performance), anything that's difficult for the developer to do, you got to have the request resonate from more of the userbase, and do so directly...via e-mail (support@3d-coat.com).

So, the request is this:

1) Bring 3D Coat's implementation of CUDA up to date (CUDA 5 which is now cross-platform compatible...so MAC and Linux users can get some of the action). Andrew hasn't touched the CUDA code since it was first introduced before version 3 was released over 4yrs ago. CUDA has undergone 4 major versions since and added a ton of functionality for the user and the developer.

2) Expand it to work on all brushing tasks (including the Paint room) and transform/deformation operations. Currently, CUDA is only used in very limited circumstances. If you turn CUDA smooth boost on, you can notice a remarkable difference in just smoothing. Apply that "boost" to all brushes and deformations (Pose tool and move tool transforms can be slow as molasses sometimes), and 3D Coat is a beast of an application.

• Reputable Contributor

Thank you guys.

@Garagarape: i will not animate it ,i'm not good at animation.

So next step, retopo, texture export and render.

If you aren't going to animate it, you really don't need to go through the Retopo > UV process. You could just export the model straight from the Voxel Room (via FBX) and when applying your materials/shaders, simply add a Vertex Color map into your diffuse and specular channels. Should render just fine.

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Hello guys,

it been a long that i didn't post anything.Hopefully i managed to continue to work on this model.

The Retopo is almost finish, just few poly to clean.

Hope you'll enjoy it.

Kind,

Pixo

135155592569.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Thanks man,

I've been pleasantly surprised at how efficient you can be in 3D Coat nowadays.  This is a great example of using your polycount wisely.

I would like to see more of you work!

-G