More in cavity (Per pixel)
Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:52 PM
Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:06 PM
Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:33 PM
Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:25 AM
can i ask how do you get a cavity map ?
How do you mean, exactly? My workflow involves baking high poly model details to a low poly. I use Xnormal to bake all the maps I need, including the normal map which you can use to generate a cavity map using the tools within Xnormal.
Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:09 PM
1. Create high poly mesh in Blender or 3DS Max.
2. Import into 3DCoat (Per Pixel mode normally or Microvertex if I want to distort mesh), Auto-seam and apply UV in UV mode.
3. Paint model in Paint room (3DCoat)
4. Retopologise in retopo room (3DCoat), Auto-seam UV and export low poly mesh.
5. Export high poly model and diffuse / spec textures from paint room.
6. Import low and high poly mesh into 3DS Max or Blender and create cage for baking. Export both cage and low poly model again (to make sure vertex numbers match).
7. Bake textures in Xnormal (diffuse, ambient occlusion, normal, spec). Create cavity map from normal map in Xnormal and combine maps in Photoshop (multiply AO map onto diffuse and color burn cavity onto that).
I should get into creating/adding hard surface stuff in 3DCoat, but I haven't had time to learn properly yet.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users