• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vivi

vivi

Novice

• PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

is it normal that when sculpting , my GPU usage is about 30% ? the thing is..I can't seem to get a good performance when sculting. For example only when using very small brush size I can make smooth strokes.
Using a bigger radius will cause a huge delay and result in not even getting a continues stroke... I enabled CUDA but no changes...

I just saw that at some point, the GPU usage raises to 99% even I am doing nothing...and then 3D-coat needs a restart.

Ok..the problem with the 99% usage is caused by the shadows...if I turn it off it works again...

Edited by vivi, 22 September 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#2 Spiraloid

Spiraloid

Novice

• PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

is it normal that when sculpting , my GPU usage is about 30% ? the thing is..I can't seem to get a good performance when sculting. For example only when using very small brush size I can make smooth strokes.
Using a bigger radius will cause a huge delay and result in not even getting a continues stroke... I enabled CUDA but no changes...

I just saw that at some point, the GPU usage raises to 99% even I am doing nothing...and then 3D-coat needs a restart.

Ok..the problem with the 99% usage is caused by the shadows...if I turn it off it works again...

I have the same problem. version 3.5.20(64bit Cuda) seems to have less of an issue, that's what I use for production work.

it's a weird bug. it doesn't show up immidiately. you have to work for a few minutes, and then... crunch. 3Dcoat updates 1 frame every few seconds.

-n

#3 vivi

vivi

Novice

• PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

I have the same problem. version 3.5.20(64bit Cuda) seems to have less of an issue, that's what I use for production work.

it's a weird bug. it doesn't show up immidiately. you have to work for a few minutes, and then... crunch. 3Dcoat updates 1 frame every few seconds.

-n

yes..but for me the 3.5.20 is same!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users